IM Residency Univ of Florida Jacksonville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dingdang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is the Internal medicine residency program at University of Florida-Jacksonville? Is it a good program? Can someone please tell the pros and cons of doing Internal Medicine residency from there?

If you have to choose from University of Florida-Jacksonville, Suny Upstate Newyork and Marshall University for doing your Internal Medicine residency which place are you going to most likely choose.

Any information on this will be highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

From my interview at U of Fl jax I heard it was a good program with regards to the diversity of patients. For fellowship however this is not the case. There is not much research available and they don't have much of a name which is important for interviews. Residents complain that very few if any people match into in house cardiology spots. But if cards and gi are not your thing then I don't see a problem with it. I like seeing all kinds of patients and I especially like seeing very sick ones. The leadership of the medicine department I think is really strong esp Dr Nahman(I forget the correct spelling).

From my 3 days in jacksonville I think it was a ok city. My gps frequently got lost. Beaches are close by so thats definitely a positive.