I'm running out of time!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think its BS how ppl say not to study the week before the test. Just take it easy the day before and go in relaxed for the test.

Think about it...if most people and even AAMC claim that you will score within the range of your (AAMC) practice tests, do you think taking a whole week off is going to make a huge difference in your score? I mean, you don't really take a week off before all your practice tests. IMHO, a day or two tops of relaxation is good but anything more and you might hurt your score. For me, I'd rather not be taking the exam and wishing I didn't take a whole week off when I can't remember a certain fact or equation. I'm just going to review stuff and finish 1 or 2 AAMC tests by Wednesday/Thursday and then just focus on the weaknesses that those tests reveal on Thursday and Friday (lightly ofcourse).

You just have to find out what's going to work for you. Theres no formula that'll tell you what to do to get a good score. I'm choosing to do what I'm doing because I think its important that I get sleep the night before the test and for the next few weeks instead of lying awake wondering about my effort for the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont take a week off. One day before the exam is sufficient. It is a waste to take a whole week off.

I wanted to ask, how long did it take to do each 1001 series book. I have all of them and am taking in april and wanted to know how long fro each book so I can know when to start them. I have to remember to factor in school work as well.

Thanks

rs76 said:
I wanted to ask, how long did it take to do each 1001 series book. I have all of them and am taking in april and wanted to know how long fro each book so I can know when to start them. I have to remember to factor in school work as well.

Thanks
Let's see, maybe 2-3 hours per lecture, times about 8 lectures per book, and then some time going over them, so roughly 25 hours each? That's just ballpark. I've been doing them all summer and will be done sometime next week.