I'm scared I am not going to get in anywhere!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazyboi1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am feeling a little insecure about the admissions process. I have applied to 20 schools, and submitted like 12-13 secondaries (I cant afford to do anymore), most of the secondaries I submitted 1-2 weeks ago, and its been pretty silent. Is it still too early in the cycle? I have 2 interview invites, one at NYIT and other at LECOM seton Hall, on 9/24 and 10/06 respectively. My dream school is CUSOM because I love NC, but I am feeling a little nervous, that I wont get anymore interviews!

Stats:
-MCAT: 26 (8-V 8-BS 10-PS)
- 3.72 science gpa, 3.82 cumalitve gpa
- DO LOR, MD LOR, 2 science LOR, and one non-science LOR
- 1 year shadowing for MD and 6 months shadowing DO
- Worked 40+ hours a week while attending school full time to support my family
- Hospital volunteering 300+ hours
- Tutoring business (community service and job)- mentor/ and focus on economically disadvantaged kids
- Leader of GBM and organized fundraisers and went to a mission trip to Honduras in May

Members don't see this ad.

Patience is all you need. You already have secured two IIs so make sure to ace them.

Reactions: 2 users
LOL Its only been 1-2 weeks and you got couple II also. I waited 2 months for my first one last cycle. You're fine just be patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be okay. It's early yet and you've already scored interviews. On a somewhat random note, I read about this device a few years back that basically hugs cows and calms them down. I can't remember why the cows needed to be calmed down in the first place...but whatever. Maybe SDN could benefit from a cow-hugging device.

Reactions: 1 users
You'll be okay. It's early yet and you've already scored interviews. On a somewhat random note, I read about this device a few years back that basically hugs cows and calms them down. I can't remember why the cows needed to be calmed down in the first place...but whatever. Maybe SDN could benefit from a cow-hugging device.
Because they're being forcibly artificially inseminated.

To OP. It's early yet. Congrats on the two interviews! I don't think you have anything to worry about at this juncture.

Based on what you said you seem like a competitive applicant, and you have 2 II very early! I only have 1 and I'm not freaking out (much) yet, so don't worry!

Chill! :)

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Hey guys, I am feeling a little insecure about the admissions process. I have applied to 20 schools, and submitted like 12-13 secondaries (I cant afford to do anymore), most of the secondaries I submitted 1-2 weeks ago, and its been pretty silent. Is it still too early in the cycle? I have 2 interview invites, one at NYIT and other at LECOM seton Hall, on 9/24 and 10/06 respectively. My dream school is CUSOM because I love NC, but I am feeling a little nervous, that I wont get anymore interviews!

Stats:
- Tutoring business (community service and job)- mentor/ and focus on economically disadvantaged kids
- Leader of GBM and organized fundraisers and went to a mission trip to Honduras in May

The hug machine is also used in certain therapies for people in the autism spectrum

OP, I think you are in a good position. Relax, reward yourself for getting two interviews, rock those interviews, and wait for more to come in. Good luck!

Is this what you're thinking of? We definitely need some kind of machine like this for SDN.

I think the OP is definitely getting too greedy...I've been complete almost two months ago for the schools I'm applying to and I'm still waiting on II from most of my schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this what you're thinking of? We definitely need some kind of machine like this for SDN.

LOL. While that contraption is awesome, I was talking about a device that actually encompasses the cow's torso and hugs it. For real.

LOL. While that contraption is awesome, I was talking about a device that actually encompasses the cow's torso and hugs it. For real.

Oh, you mean a squeeze shoot. I raise cattle and I've been sitting here thinking what it was you were trying to describe.

Yah, for anyone not in the cattle or vet business, it just squeezes the bovine's sides so that they move around and injury themselves or the humans nearby.

To be on topic, yah, patience.

Oh, you mean a squeeze shoot. I raise cattle and I've been sitting here thinking what it was you were trying to describe.

Yah, for anyone not in the cattle or vet business, it just squeezes the bovine's sides so that they move around and injury themselves or the humans nearby.

To be on topic, yah, patience.

YES, that's what it was. Found an article about it, if anyone is interested.
http://www.autism-help.org/points-grandin-hug-machine.htm

Stats:

Easy there tiger. It's way too early to even be panicking. Hell, I just TODAY scored my last LoR (long story, the poor guy's dad died and was away for a while) so I am not even on your level yet. Some schools only recently started looking at secondaries if I recall (COMP I think?). Just relax. Do something fun and just walk away for a little bit.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

I knew this was coming as soon as I read the thread title :D

Reactions: 1 users

If I remember correctly, theres a thing like this except it also has a gun in it for euthenasia.

Insecure premed with good stats and IIs.

Clearly this merits a detailed response that I will not be giving. :thinking:

Im like genuinely nervous, i cant stop checking my email and checking SDN.

Im like genuinely nervous, i cant stop checking my email and checking SDN.

Here's a mental exercise I was once taught by an ER psych.
1. Breath in through your nose, out through your mouth.
2. Make sure you are utilizing your diaphragm such that your stomach expands upon inspiration.
3. Think of a pleasant scene, such as a beach at sunset. Hear the waves. Taste the sea salt (and try not to swallow it....who knows what people do in there).
4. Run your fingers through your hair slowly and gently. If you happen to be bald, gingerly rub your belly.
5. Keep breathing.
6. Smile a sincere, heartwarming smile.
7. Make sure no one else is watching you.
8. K now stop doing weird **** and go get drunk to forget about your problems like everyone else.