I'm screwed if......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solid snake

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
the Kaplan diagnostics are anything like the real MCAT's. I just took Kaplan Test #2, which was given as a half test, not the whole thing. And it was freakin' HARD!!!!:mad:

I'm not looking forward in seeing how I did, but it sure made me think, I'm gonna study extra, extra hard now.

The verbal I found was harder than usual. I sat through the Physical Science and Biological Science thinking, hmmm.....i'm screwed. Where in the world they get these questions from?

My point is: Kaplan=real MCAT's?

Thanks a lot guys!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

the AAMC sometimes r like the real mcat

depending on if u get easy form or not.

but there r also real mcats that r very hard like the kaplan/PR stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by dr kevin40
the AAMC sometimes r like the real mcat

depending on if u get easy form or not.

but there r also real mcats that r very hard like the kaplan/PR stuff.

Is this true? (I hope not :( ) I thought the versions don't differ much?

it's not true. kaplan is usually harder than real MCAT, but hard in an inappropriate way, they stress much more on comutation and memorizing random facts. PR exams are a tad harder than real MCATs. AAMC 1-2 are easy. 3-6 are around the difficulty of the real exam.

I started out studying the PR and Kaplan exams, and my score improved gradudually. It's possible that these exams all have the same difficulty, and that I was only experiencing an improvement in performance. But my feeling is that PR and Kaplan are harder.

I totally agree with the above post. You need TPR and kaplan to help you learn the material, but on the AAMC tests and the real MCAT you will be suprised about how much info you can get just by reading the passages.

trust me. there r sometimes difficult versions of the mcat that r quite similar to TPR/Kaplan stuff.

i thik tpr is slightly easier than kap

but also within kaplan, there r different levels of hard. the last couple full-lengths (i think 7 and above ) were incredibly hard, even for me!

but u r taking a huge gamble in trying to hope that the real mcat would be like aamc. sometimes it is, sometimes it ain't. better to learn the materials better.

Originally posted by dr kevin40
trust me. there r sometimes difficult versions of the mcat that r quite similar to TPR/Kaplan stuff.

How can we believe you if you don't clarify how you know this is true? Anyways, doesn't the MCAT test concepts rather than details that are emphasized by TPR or Kaplan?

Stop trying to scare us if you don't know what you're saying is the absolute truth.

even for you? WOW! That must mean that for the average, dimwitted individual they're damn near impossible. Thanks for the heads up Doc.

Originally posted by JimmyD
even for you? WOW! That must mean that for the average, dimwitted individual they're damn near impossible. Thanks for the heads up Doc.

:laugh: