I'm screwed.... ?!!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notomorrow369

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so let me tell you about my self: i'm a first year at davis. My first quarter at davis I got an ugly gpa of 2.7 (14 units) , this quarter i'm thinking i'll get a 3.0. (14 units) before attending uc davis, I got a gpa of 3.2 at a junior college (25 units) .

I feel like i've already messed up toooo much. there's basically no chance for me to get at least a total gpa of like 3.7 even if I ace the rest of my college classes. I'm Screwed. It's only gonna get harder after this right?

HELP!!!

ALSO, How is BCPM really counted and what classes actually count when med schools calculate your gpa - for example would freshman seminars count.... etc.

ADVICE PLEASE any comments appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

upward trend is important. if you do well your remain years, you can salvage your gpa to a respectable level.

whether seminars count for bcpm is usually moot b/c they are usually pass/fail anyway.

please find out why you are not doing so well. take time to figure this out. get help, counseling, whatever.

Well, I have to say that it is quite low to start off with. Still, I don't think you should freak out that early.

You should really look at the reasons why you got such a low gpa. Too much partying and not enough studying? Skipping lectures? Cramming or not studying thoroughly enough? Missing the class objectives altogether? Figure it out and revise it for the next quarter. Whatever it is, you need to figure it out, don't just say "I'm gonna do better!" but use the same method again. Something needs to change.

And again, this is only your first quarter. As long as you can prove that you can ADJUST and IMPROVE, you'll be okay (with a good MCAT score and EC).

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude - suck it up and do the best you can. Stop drinking 'til 2am every night and you'll get much better grades.

Just ace everything else from this point onwards. It can be done if you sacrifice some things. Sometimes you don't even need to sacrifice anything, you just need to get your work in order. The more organized you are, the quicker you can get things done.

I think of GPA more as a tool for adcoms to separate people they want to investigate and people that can hit the road.

n15500189_30766505_1322.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!!! OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a freaking sophomore. Just get your **** together now. The longer you wait to do that, the deeper a hole you'll be digging yourself out of later.

Dude - suck it up and do the best you can. Stop drinking 'til 2am every night and you'll get much better grades.

I don't drink .... all i drink is water.

i'm just having a hard time adjusting.... and it gets pretty stressful sometimes :/ My dream school is ucsf ........... not possible huh? idk

but I am doing a lot of ecs: student research assistant, tennis club, and hospital volunteer.

I don't drink .... all i drink is water.

i'm just having a hard time adjusting.... and it gets pretty stressful sometimes :/ My dream school is ucsf ........... not possible huh? idk

but I am doing a lot of ecs: student research assistant, tennis club, and hospital volunteer.

Sorry for the drinking comment then. You're not like 99% of the other first year's at Davis. Just take it easy. Try to take some "easy" classes. Plug into the resources (Learning center, tutoring, etc) and put your nose to the grindstone.

Everyone's dream school in CA is UCSF. Not everyone can go there. Don't worry about that stuff now. You'll realize later that the dream is being a doctor, it matters much less where you go.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't do drugs and you'll get better grades

n15500189_30639741_8749.jpg

okay ... i don't need these stupid answers as replies.

here I am 1 in the freakin morning trying to ask serious questions... and what do I get?

W/E

goodbye.

here I am 1 in the freakin morning trying to ask serious questions... and what do I get?

W/E

goodbye.

People tend to get more immature when they are on less sleep. Don't get all upset. If I were you, I'd do some searching on the forums. These questions have been asked and answered a dozen times before.

W/E

goodbye.
Quit ****ing crying and learn to take a joke. Part of your problem is probably that you are too high-strung. Relax. He didn't mean anything by it.

Since you don't drink, maybe you should.

I would have considered it a great honor to be immortalized in a piece of art like that when I was in college.

I have a 3.36 and need a 4.0 for my remaining 51 credit hours to get my desired 3.7. You're not the only. You have a lot of work to do so just get to it. :thumbup:

W/E

goodbye.

I feel like your a tool .. and a cry-baby. Grow some balls bro.. if you don't drink and don't party maybe you just don't have the intellect to become a physician.. I heard McDonalds pays real well though! Oh and they are hiring!

Quit ****ing crying and learn to take a joke. Part of your problem is probably that you are too high-strung. Relax. He didn't mean anything by it.

Since you don't drink, maybe you should.

I feel like your a tool .. and a cry-baby. Grow some balls bro.. if you don't drink and don't party maybe you just don't have the intellect to become a physician.. I heard McDonalds pays real well though! Oh and they are hiring!

She's probably a girl asking a sincere question. You jerks are so mean. :thumbdown:

OP, there is message behind everyone of those pics. Try to learn from them. A picture = 1000 words (rule of thumb). So, study those pics and see what they are really saying. It will help you big time!

If you guys don't have anything useful and constructive to add to the conversation, please refrain from posting.

Thanks.

Can you narrow down what your problem is?

Do you study too little? Do you leave everything to the last moment? Do you study a lot, but inefficiently? Do you not understand the concepts? Do you have trouble following along in class?

You need to figure out where you're doing wrong and work hard to fix it. If you have a strong upwards trend, you can still get into medical school. Maybe not UCSF, but a solid one regardless.

All I can say is that just try your best and get the remaining 4.0s. Thats stuff, but thats the only way you can get 3.5+. Just sit your butt down, and think why your not adjusting right. Figure out the problems. Not studying hard enough, or not getting the lectures. Find a way to solve your problem. Join the pre med club and ask the people there what the classes are like, since they probably took the classes that you will be taking. They give you hints, whos the crappy professor, and whos the best one to take, what the tests are like, etc. And if your lucky, they might even give you their stuff (notes, old quizzes, old exams).

Think outside the box and do it!!! If you want it hard enough, you'll do something to get it. And stop drinking so much water, its diluting your brain cells. :p jk

If you guys don't have anything useful and constructive to add to the conversation, please refrain from posting.

Thanks.

:smuggrin:

But sticking to the topic.:laugh:

I was in the same situation you speak of and it CAN be done. Will it be easy? Hell no. If it comes down to it, try and take a semester off to step back and analyze what's going on.

error ... malfunction...error