Im Shelf Mksap 3 Mksap 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lookleft

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am almost done with mksap 3 and think its great. I am debating if I should do mksap2, I have been told there are fair number of different questions and the questions are very good, just like mksap3. Concern is that the same topics are likely to be in 2 that were in 3. My other option is to do Kaplan's Qbook IM questions.

Was hoping those that have some experience with these books might be able to give some input. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I Have The Same Question. What Is The Differnece Between 2 And 3? Which Is Better For The Shelf If I Only Pick One Of Them? What Are Some Other Good Books? I Heard Step Up To Medicine Was Good...

Thanks

Step up to medicine seems to be a great book, I am using it and think its awesome. MKSAP 3 is the one I would go with if your only going to do one, since its the newest one out and most of your classmates are likely to use it over 2.

My question is, if you have done mksap 3, is it worth duing mksap 2 over kaplans q book.

Thanks

MKSAP 3 is obviously a newer edition, so it will have more accurate information as far as "recommendations" (i.e. LDL levels in a diabetic) and treatment strategies than will the 2nd edition. I did 3, never touched 2, and did very well on the shelf. And yes, Step Up to Medicine kicks a**. I've used it in nearly every rotation so far, and read most of it for the IM shelf.