I'm sick of talking about medicine..how bout them Sox? (red, that is)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think some of you are missing a major point:

Soccer is boring to watch. I'd rather watch paint dry on the wall then watch a soccer game.

If there are good-looking women playing, well then, that's a different story.

Members don't see this ad.

can't argue with you there...i really can't sit and watch soccer. unless some girl rips her shirt off in celebration.

Hehehe... sounds like you watched the Women's World Cup last year and saw Brandi Chastain's victory display. Cute, no?

However, I do have to raise a few pointers.... Soccer's actually the same age in America as it is in most other European countries (excepting England, of course). As a matter of fact, the US squad beat England in the 1950 World Cup... but didn't go anywhere after that. You are indeed right about WHY it sucks though: we really don't give a flip about soccer in America!
wink.gif

And I hand it to you about the basketball and football, America really does kick ass internationally. As for women playing sports, I don't argue with that, either, although I got the chance to play with a few of the UNC girls two years ago in a get-together/pick-up sort of thing (Cindy Parlow was one of 'em). Now I'm not saying I'm exactly a star player or anything, but these girls absolutely kicked my ass nearly every time. The only thing I could save face on is that I run faster!
biggrin.gif

So much playing with the "big girls."

Members don't see this ad :)
c'mon, s-pish, i'd expect better from you than that! i know you are an intelligent person- yet you regurgitate the same lame-ass anti-soccer rhetoric that i heard all through high school. soccer may be boring to watch- for those who don't understand it. it drives me crazy when people claim that it is nothing more than running around kicking a ball. those who think this usually have little experience with the sport- and who can blame them, what with baseball and football being spoon-fed to all american children. personally, i can't watch two innings of a baseball game without falling asleep- hopefully there will be a lot of walls to paint in our room this year, pishko! david wells- now THERE'S an athelete for you.

mvalento - I think we just opened up the same argument that has come up many times in our room about whether baseball is a sport or not. David Wells may not be in the best shape (he probably couldn't even run around the bases if he had to), but he still has athletic skills.

The only soccer I enjoy is FIFA for N64 because I get those sweet-ass goals off the corner kick which you cannot defend against. And I also kick your ass by taking out your best players.

Hmmm...maybe FIFA is part of the reason why my GPA is lower than many other pre-meds.

or it could be that you are a chemical engineering major and are busy with those classes rather than intro to psychology and other pre-professional GPA boosters.

we'll see about FIFA when we get back to school. you have been warned! i won't make any bets because you already owe me more beer than you can ever hope to pay for...hmmm...maybe THAT'S why our GPAs aren't as high as they should be eh?