1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I'm so bummed

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Bmblee888, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Bmblee888

Bmblee888 Member
    7+ Year Member

FOUR months of waiting without a word and I get two UC rejection letters all in one day! UCDavis and UCSD. :( I am so bummed out I don't know what to do with myself. UCSD was my first choice school cause I love it here and my bf is a first year at UCSD. Sigh... My dream is shattered, but I guess that's life, huh?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Wow.

I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Being a Cali resident myself, I know how its like to face the reality that you might not be able to go to medical school in your home state.

But if you really wanna be a doctor, don't give up. You'll get in somewhere. Hey, maybe you and your b/f wil match at the same hospital so at least you guys can do your residencies together!

4. osler

osler Member
    7+ Year Member

Bmblee,

sorry to hear the news.

did you receive secondaries from UCSD and UCD?

5. nappy kat

nappy kat Membership Revoked
    Removed

:( I hurt for you

6. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

bmblee,
    i'm in the same situation as you except my bf works here in a job he really can't leave for at least a few years. i LOVE san diego and would do anything to stay - but i'm sure my rejection will be coming soon too. :(

but, i think that the relationship stuff will work itself out no matter where i get in. if you're really dedicated, i know you'll get in somewhere else. then your bf can try to get a residency near you! ;)

7. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

:( unfortunately I know what you gals are going through. my fiance and I are getting married in Jan and we are completely aware of the fact that if I don't get into my state school and get in elsewhere, we will have to have a long distance relationship for atleast two years. And that's right after getting married.

Tough choices in life. But we gotta learn how to roll with the punches.

8. hey bmblee, i am sorry about ur rejections, dont take it too hard, in a few months( hopefully sooner ;) ) u will be rejoicing over ur acceptances , and maybe it will be in a state right next to california, eh? cheer up and good luck!

9. qwerty one

qwerty one Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Damn, sorry to hear about the bad news. But don't worry, there are plenty of other schools out there and I'm sure they'd be happy to have you. :)

10. Bmblee888

Bmblee888 Member
    7+ Year Member

Awww...thanks guys for the words of encouragement. It's nice to know there are people who are going through the same process with you. I'll keep my head up and wait for the 14 other responses from medical schools. Maybe one of them will give me good news soon! Don't you think they should give you a consolation prize with each rejection letter? Like a T-shirt or something?!? :)

11. i was thinking more in the line of our checks back? ;)