I'm so depressed, I can't find my Immunization records

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexamasan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my VCU interview tomorrow at 7:30am. They required me to bring a copy of my Hep B immunization records. So I had them faxed to me a few weeks ago. Today I checked to make sure I had everything and for some reason I can't find them anywhere. I was so sure I had them in my folder where I kept all of my important documents, but I've been looking all morning and I have checked everywhere and I can't find them. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, but it is Sunday today. Everywhere is closed. My doctor's office is closed, my college clinic is closed, the state health department is closed, pretty much everywhere that has a copy of my immunization records is closed. These places probably don't open until 8:00am tomorrow, but since my interview is earlier than that, I won't be able to get them.

I'm sorry, this is just me crying like a baby, but this is my only pre-December and I completely screwed myself over for being disorganized. The reason they want the record is because part of the day will be clinical observation and chairside assisting. I did volunteer at a clinic and worked as a dental assistant and those required me to provide documentation of Hep B vaccination, but I don't think that would in anyway substitutes for the actual documents. I'm just so depressed right now that I feel I lost all chance at VCU for something so little. I can only make sure that this doesn't happen for any possible future interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my VCU interview tomorrow at 7:30am. They required me to bring a copy of my Hep B immunization records. So I had them faxed to me a few weeks ago. Today I checked to make sure I had everything and for some reason I can't find them anywhere. I was so sure I had them in my folder where I kept all of my important documents, but I've been looking all morning and I have checked everywhere and I can't find them. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, but it is Sunday today. Everywhere is closed. My doctor's office is closed, my college clinic is closed, the state health department is closed, pretty much everywhere that has a copy of my immunization records is closed. These places probably don't open until 8:00am tomorrow, but since my interview is earlier than that, I won't be able to get them.

I'm sorry, this is just me crying like a baby, but this is my only pre-December and I completely screwed myself over for being disorganized. The reason they want the record is because part of the day will be clinical observation and chairside assisting. I did volunteer at a clinic and worked as a dental assistant and those required me to provide documentation of Hep B vaccination, but I don't think that would in anyway substitutes for the actual documents. I'm just so depressed right now that I feel I lost all chance at VCU for something so little. I can only make sure that this doesn't happen for any possible future interviews.

I really don't see this posing much of a problem. Schools require you to be vaccinated before you enroll, and it can keep you from matriculating if you aren't. But I'm pretty sure all they'll say to you is that they need them before classes start. Maybe they'll keep you from assisting, but observation should still be ok. In any case, it's out of your control, and worrying about it won't help you any.

Try to relax and get ready to blow them away at the interview; you'll be fine.

I really don't see this posing much of a problem. Schools require you to be vaccinated before you enroll, and it can keep you from matriculating if you aren't. But I'm pretty sure all they'll say to you is that they need them before classes start. Maybe they'll keep you from assisting, but observation should still be ok. In any case, it's out of your control, and worrying about it won't help you any.

Try to relax and get ready to blow them away at the interview; you'll be fine.

Coming from a dental student and not just a pre-dent, that means a lot, it really does. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry about it. tell them your story but don't come off as irresponsible and unorganized - things happen sometimes. apologize and kill your interview - that's your REAL redemption.

one of the kids at my interview there didnt have his vac records... it wasnt a big deal they just told him he couldnt assist but instead had to watch any procedures done while shadowing there