i'm so sick of all this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by johnthestreak, Sep 4, 2001.

1. johnthestreak

johnthestreak master of disaster

Resident [Any Field]
    i dunno know about any of you but i think they make this application process like this to see who they can break. i hate essays, i hate online apps, i hate paper apps....that's about it...for right now.
    who else is frustrated with all this crap? :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Denilson

Denilson Senior Member

me too...i'm getting sick of it...why ask about post-seocndary jobs/activities...IT'S IN THE PRIMARY!!!! :mad: :mad:

4. Loki

Loki Senior Member

Ya know...I don't know why the schools do that. Gotta be one of two things, a. they want to catch you in some kind of trap b. they don't read the primary.

Who knows.

5. elle

elle Senior Member

me! I am tired of stuff like getting an email from AMCAS saying my payment hasn't been processed...then I call them, stay on hold for a long time, just for them to tell me they are not sure if they have the payment. :eek: At which point, I present evidence like credit card statements, everything seems fine...then I get the same email a month later! it's so bizarre. it's not horrible, it's just time-consuming and I think my secondary essays are getting worse and worse...which is not good at all!

oh well, done venting. :)

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Elle, Try this number 202-828-0451 for an AAMC accountant who actually knows something. I had good luck with her. Someone else posted Mike Newman at 202-862-6076 but I never tried him because I got my question resolved with the lady at the first number.

7. oh my gosh :oops:

I agreee with all of YOU....sick of this and sick of that...

but you got to admit it is kind of amusing that we are ALL frustrated :D I never knew I could connect with people on so many levels....

I just got Vanderbuilt's secondary....they want my life biography and so does UCSD...what the F**k why won't I just write a book and sign my name in it :D

looooolllll laaaaah, that feels so much better

8. mj

mj Senior Member

just keep thinking that this time next year you will be complaining about the smell of anatomy lab...

There is a tunnel with a light that isn't the aamcs train I promise. Keeping hanging in and plugging along.

best of luck

mj

9. elle

elle Senior Member

SMW, thanks for the numbers! I was actually the one who posted Mike Newman's number, but couldn't find it today so sat on hold for like half an hour before giving up. If I had any common sense I would have looked through the archives here... :) But now I don't have to! Thanks :D

10. SMW

SMW Grand Member

My pleasure, Elle. :)

11. Drako

Drako Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Seem like you guys need vacation! :)

12. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Agreed! Where shall we go?

13. elle

elle Senior Member

I agree about needing a vacation! I'm going to the beach :) well, not for three weeks...and just for two days...but I can't wait. :D

14. SMW

SMW Grand Member

No beaches up here :( Well, there are, but the water's a bit chilly :eek: Will have to content myself with blueberry picking and hikes. :cool:

15. lamyers

lamyers Senior Member

I live at the beach (Pensacola), I would much rather be back in Anchorage!

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. elle

elle Senior Member

blueberry picking and hiking sound awesome :) my theory is, anything to get away from the pile of seconaries that I have not completed! I am even excited about a ski trip in *january*, isn't that nuts? :D

18. kspillman

kspillman Member

I am soooo feeling this thread! Everytime I look at the secondaries I want to puke. I live on the beach also, but can't go in the water because sharks have recently decided they want to be the predominant species on the planet. One day I would like to be on TLCs "Trauma", but not as the victim!

Anyways I was listening to NPR one day and an author was on there talking about a book she had written "One Bird At A Time." She explained when she was younger her little brother had about a month to write a report on like 5 or 10 different birds. Well, it's the night before its due and he is sitting at the kitchen table not having anything written (sound familiar?) He has his head in his hands and is crying because he is overwhelmed by the amount of work he has to do in such a short amount of time. His father walks up to him and simply says "One bird at a time, son. One bird at a time." So now everytime I am feeling overwhelmed I tell myself "One bird at a time." Doesn't really change anything but makes me giggle a little.
    Felt like sharing.
    KIM

19. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I've been thinking about that book, too! It is a book about how to write, the author is Ann LaMott, and the title is Bird by Bird. It is a great laugh-out-loud read, and I highly recommend it to everyone who needs to forget about AMCAS for a while. Great beach/vacation reading, as are most of her other books. (Warning, Hard Laughter is pretty depressing, as it's about the year her father was dying of cancer. But it's still a great book.)

20. SMW

SMW Grand Member

You're from Anchorage? How long ago did you live here? Did you go to high school here?
    Are you applying to UW thru WWAMI?

21. hmmmm where exactly did SMW get that quote about that person being in anchorage? lol :confused:

it is the AMCAS twilight zone....

22. ooops never mind...sillly me

it was from the first page...I thought this was the first page....

watcha<[email protected]@

23. lamyers

lamyers Senior Member

No, I lived in Fairbanks for a couple of years. Would have rather lived in Anchorage as I loved it there! Absolutely love AK and plan to move back when I can afford to live there. My husband still pouts over leaving. I am applying to Southern schools...