I'm sorry but this pisses me off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost said:
on another note, here are some of mmmmdonuts previous posts in other forums:

in the racial jokes from an attending thread:
did you ask her why she wasnt at home making more kids to blow themselves up for allah?

and in the gays in medicine thread:
evolution hates homos

and my favorite:
if you don't know what that word means, don't cry when you get rejected from medical school

who's cyring now mmmm?

Checkmate for my avatar. :D

Members don't see this ad.

images

Bernito said:
Dont forget "damn thats ugly." (This was in response to a post about the beauty of a dark skinned african female).

oh im sorry. i forgot that all black females are beautiful both physically and mentally because they are the essence of the human soul and truly the greatest amongst us all. i find them sexually attractive and also remarkable in their grace because to do otherwise means that you hate blacks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will Ferrell said:
definitely not true. blacks, hispanics with really high MCAT scores & GPAs do get rejected.

do they? is this your personal experience or is this a supposition like ' it must happen.'

NapeSpikes said:
Checkmate for my avatar. :D

so for ghost to make a racist statement that you agree with is 'checkmate'? odd.

once your arguments failed you started talking about white sheets. isn't that remarkable?

mmmmdonuts said:
oh im sorry. i forgot that all black females are beautiful both physically and mentally because they are the essence of the human soul and truly the greatest amongst us all. i find them sexually attractive and also remarkable in their grace because to do otherwise means that you hate blacks.
Your refraining from the simple "I don't find her attractive" response and choosing "Damn that's ugly" (where now you are referring to her as a thing) shows that you must hate them.

Bernito said:
Your refraining from the simple "I don't find her attractive" response and choosing "Damn that's ugly" (where now you are referring to her as a thing) shows that you must hate them.

i cant find her ugly? do you find any white people to be ugly? if so are you a racist?

1Path said:
You know my personal preference is for 300 thread count or higher though they do tend to be pricey! ;)

Let me clarify... First of all, I started this thread not because I am bitter that I didn't get into UCSF, actually I did get in (though don't think I'll end up there). Again, I don't know the details of this person, and that's not really the point. My point is that if two applicants are otherwise equal, perhaps one even has lower grades and scores, but that person happens to be an URM, then that URM suddenly has this desireable quality that puts him/her above the white or asian kid. That's not affirmative action, that's a adcom saying hmmm, this person has this really "unique" quality, and wouldn't it be nice to advertise what a diverse and special student population we have.

Members don't see this ad :)
mmmmdonuts said:
ah but your statement was that they were rejected in favor of less qualified white people was it not?
Actually I never said that…

I am 100% sure that Harvard accepted Caucasians and Asians with numerical qualifications less that theirs…

RubTue said:
Let me clarify... First of all, I started this thread not because I am bitter that I didn't get into UCSF, actually I did get in (though don't think I'll end up there). Again, I don't know the details of this person, and that's not really the point. My point is that if two applicants are otherwise equal, perhaps one even has lower grades and scores, but that person happens to be an URM, then that URM suddenly has this desireable quality that puts him/her above the white or asian kid. That's not affirmative action, that's a adcom saying hmmm, this person has this really "unique" quality, and wouldn't it be nice to advertise what a diverse and special student population we have.
We are really back to square 1 here aren't we?

Newton Bohr MD said:
I am 100% sure that Harvard accepted Caucasians and Asians with numerical qualifications less that theirs…

really? the one guy had a vr 9 and still got into duke. and yale.

Law2Doc said:
Still think I missed the call? :cool:

what new statement did i make that was any different or insightful than those prior? what is interesting is that you can ignore the statements of those on your 'side' without feeling the need to call them racist merely because the statements were made in favor of urms. is that not odd?

Law2Doc said:
Perhaps adcoms do as well. :)

i find it interesting that you can say that this person got rejected from a place and it is fair because he makes statements i disagree with. however if someone who i agree with gets rejected that constitutes institutional racism and is completely unwarrented. thats smart.

mmmmdonuts said:
i find it interesting that you can say that this person got rejected from a place and it is fair because he makes statements i disagree with. however if someone who i agree with gets rejected that constitutes institutional racism and is completely unwarrented. thats smart.

seriously bro, i still have my old princeton review verbal books. you can have them..........for free! i'll even pay the shipping. pm me. :thumbup:

Ghost said:
seriously bro, i still have my old princeton review verbal books. you can have them..........for free! i'll even pay the shipping. pm me. :thumbup:

thats ok based on your posts i'm sure you need them more :)

Ghost said:

by the way if i made this statement to a black person would you find that acceptable or not? just curious.

mmmmdonuts said:

I didn't say that. There are attitudes that, if unearthed in an app or interview, will result in a rejection. And I'm fine with that.

Law2Doc said:
I didn't say that. There are attitudes that, if unearthed in an app or interview, will result in a rejection. And I'm fine with that.

and would you consider your attitude and that of ghost to qualify in that category or not?

Law2Doc said:
Dont waste your time Law, he's tryin to push your buttons.

i find it interesting that my question that is a simple yes or no question is viewed in such a defensive manner. if the answer is no, just say no. your problem is that in saying no you will reveal much about your views.

This is the thread that never ends!!
Yes, it just goes on and on, my friends!
Some people started posting in it not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue posting in it forever just because...

and so on and so forth.

Law2Doc said:
He's quite good at it. But I'm not going to be able to look at Homer the same way.
I thought the same from watching some of the newer seasons (~>10) but when I got seasons 4-6 on DVD (haven't gotten others yet) Homer redeemed himself.

Every time you give a troll attention, you make SDN that much slower.

tkdusb said:

and so on and so forth.

:laugh:

I actually use to sing this song w/my friends, whenever we went on a fieldtrip, via the cheese wagon... Oh, the memories!! :D

sorry to interrupt...please continue :)

Rafa said:
Every time you give a troll attention, you make SDN that much slower.

i find it interesting that my having an opinion antithetical to your makes me a troll. could i not say the same of you? the fact that you cannot answer my arguments does not then make them invalid arguments.

One day I was talking to an adcom member and I expressed to him how worried I was about gaining an acceptance due to the competition and how I see kids with AWESOME grades that do not get in. He immediately responded and said...."Well, thats why there is an interview." To say that interviews do not matter is wrong. They do matter and can help a borderline applicant tremendously.

I'm closing this thread because it has [predictably] degenerated into a insult-fest.

Please keep the tone civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.