i'm still waiting ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnthestreak

master of disaster
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm still waiting to get some secondaries. how long did it take ya'll?

i turned in my primary 8/10-----
they finally got every thing 8/27-- :mad:

and i still haven't heard anything. i'm thinking that they may be waiting on my august mcat, but i also took it in april, and that hasn't stopped any allopathic schools from sending their secondaries.

what is going on?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you contacted AACOMAS to verify that they have sent your application to schools? I received my secondaries within days of AACOMAS sending out my primary.

no i haven't contacted them yet. but i think that i should give them a little call today. :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know what they say please... I submitted in July and haven't heard a thing! When I called AACOMAS they said they received my transcripts 9/10 and that it would take 3 weeks to send them out. I am also waiting on my August MCAT (that's my first go at it), so I don't know if that plays a role or not. I also got the allopathic secondaries.

I can't help any of you by saying that you will recieve secondaries/acceptances/rejections/etc. on such and such a date. But I will say this, from my experience of going thruogh this whole thing last year, BE PATIENT! I know it sucks(for lack of a better term) but you have to be. From now until whenever, you have to be patient, because it is just one big waiting game. You wait for you MCAT scores, you wait for secondary applications, you wait for the call to be interviewed, you wait for a reply, and then you wait some more, either to start school(yea!) or to try again next year(not a bad thing at all and definitely worth it). So save you and your loved ones the grief and anxiety, be patient. It will all happen in good time. It still sucks though. Good luck to everyone,

Zach

I agree and disagree with Zach. You do have to be patient but do be on top of things (especially with AACOMAS). Time is very crucial in getting into medical school especially in DO schools who fill their class rosters as they proceed through interviews (i.e. first come first serve).

Good Luck