im stressing out. please clear my confusions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndianGraduate

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...i have a couple of questions and i would appreciate if you could answer so i can sleep/perform better on my exam.

1st question==>ive been going to kaplan for the last 2 months and didnt see much progress w/ just reading the books. so i decided to take a new approach.now im doing the realeased exams and try to answer every question and if i get it right/wrong i go read the explanation. i did the micro/patho section and got a raw score of 80. then i talked to this other girl who goes there also and she told me that 'im wasting my time' because the format is completely different. I dont know what to study now. is it a waste of time to do old papers? im desperate to get into a california school and need/want to do really good. please give me any suggestions. im planning on taking the exam in july.

2nd question==> what is the LATEST i can take my exam to meet the september 1st deadline for cali schools? i was planning july 1st week but then thought...if exam result comes out after 1 month then i will still be ok if i take the exam by mid july (which gives me another 10 days to prepare)....will that be ok? since i gotta make the california school deadlines? (everybody who is applyin to cali schools please share when ur taking the exam)

3rd question===> same girl (at kaplan) said that my TOEFL result is only valid for 3 months....and im was gonna take it in may....so does that mean its a waste of time for me to take it in may? and i should take it closer to the deadline? (like in july or somthing)...

i know its a long post but i would appreciate if u guys could just give me answers. even if they are one word. i appreciate it cuz im panicking right now.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

TOEFL is good for at least 2 years. Some universitites accept even 3 years so don't worry about that.

A1. dont talk to that girl, talk to yourself, you can do whatever you want
A2to meet cali deadlines, you can write in august 1st week.
A3, 2yrs

Members don't see this ad :)
You will get a good score with old Q's practice in the new pattern too. The TOEFL as already stated is valid for 2 years