IM subinternship at Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eldar_e

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one elective to choose to do anywhere in the US. I've thought about IM at Harvard. Can anyone say whether it's supposed to be fun or at least beneficial? or diffficult?

If anyone a different advice that will enable me to familiarize with the american health system.. I have one month

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of international students go to MGH. When I spent some time there, most of the students I met were from somewhere in Europe rather than from Harvard that month.

I am not sure it is the best example of the US healthcare system, but it is a neat place to work. I'd probably do an elective rather than a sub-i unless you want to punish yourself.

Harvard has a couple of hospitals associated with it. There's MGH, Brigham and Womens, and then a slew of others that are associated with it's corporate entity Partners health care. I'd probably set my sights on the brigham for IM before the others. I hear it's a better program than MGH. However, for an FMG, good luck. You'll need it. I know of a guy (FMG) who worked as an icu grunt for a year and did a little bit of research too. He then applied to residency and only the B&W accepted him because they knew he was good. If that's what you want, then theres' an option.