Im such an idiot! Is this really bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnlyDrilling

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so i completely forgot that i was registered to take the DAT july 24 (like tomorrow) because i kept rescheduling since last cycle. I registered to take it under my maiden name (which is the same name i applied for last cycle). But for this cycle(2009) i have a whole new application under my new name and i plan to register to take dat under my name as well. I just tried to cancel the appt that i had but its to late!!!! SO now basically im obviously not going to show up tomorrow to take the test. IS THIS BAD??lol What happens when i dont show up and dont take it?? im hoping nothing since its under a different last name than the name i'm applying for in this cycle.
Wow i just reread what i wrote and it barely makes sense lol. i hope someone understands. what do u guys think??? help im so nervous

Members don't see this ad.

i believe you can contact DAT Test services(?) and notify them about your name change. just take the DAT and call DAT Testing services right after.

Sorry to be a downer... but had to tell you that if you are registered under your maiden name, and you have id's for your new name, I dont' know if they will let you in..
Maybe if you also had an Id with your maiden name and new name, you could show it to them to prove you are the same person. Either way, be ready to take the test tomorrow and don't freak out. If they don't let you take the test, you could always go back and reschedule it (spending more money, but you kinda messed up). And you get more time to prepare better...Its not the end of the world!!
Good luck

if your not gonna show up u lose ur money. But I heard that you can take the test and at the end you can choose an option to not have your score reported. So if you paid for it, you might as well use as a diagnostic for what you need to work on. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, thanks for all your replys. I called the testing center today and they said it will just be considered a no show. THe schools wont see that. Im not ready to take it so i'll just register again under my new name =). Thanks all

I'm happy it went well for you...Good luck on ur exam...make sure you put a star on your calendar or alarm on ur phone so you won't forget hehehe