I'm thinking of studying for the MCAT now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CluelessAsian

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't have to take the MCAT until in about a couple of years but I'm thinking of studying now.

When I thought of it, studying can't really hurt. I don't have to really focus like I have to take the MCAT now and I can take my time. I can read maybe a couple of pages or so a day. Then when I really have to take the MCAT, I can study then.

I don't understand why people keep telling me to put it off. Can anybody enlighten me? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I appreciate any input.

Advantage:
1. Can take my time and not to really focus.
2. Second time is always easier. So let's say I finished studying and the next time I really need study for the MCAT, I believe it will be easier because I already have an idea of what's going on.

Disadvantages:
1. Might get bored.
2. Won't remember most of the things learned.

This is what I think. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Check out this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=593257&highlight=forget+material

It's pointless to study that far in advance. Focus your time on building other areas of your application and learning the material in your classes. There have also been other threads about studying too soon. Try running a search and see if it brings up anything useful. Lastly, enjoy your college life.