I'm waitlisted should I Submit last semesters grades?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bradwilkins

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on three waitlists. I got my grades today and had full intentions of submitting them.........Until I saw that I got a B- in Bioinformatics. This drops my GPA from a 3.45 the previous semseter to a 3.36. Should I still submit them????????? Do you think it'll hurt my chances by not submitting them?????

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmmmm, don't most med-schools ask for your last semester grades before matriculation??? As far as for schools that have you waitlisted, you don't necessarily have to turn in your grades, but as far as sending them stuff to update your app/show continued interest, grades are definitely one more thing you could present to these adcoms to grab their attention. Personally, I will send mine in when they are up....think about it....if you get accepted there, you'll have to show them to the school eventually! Its not like you failed any courses or anything.....B's are still cool :horns:

bradwilkins said:
I'm currently on three waitlists. I got my grades today and had full intentions of submitting them.........Until I saw that I got a B- in Bioinformatics. This drops my GPA from a 3.45 the previous semseter to a 3.36. Should I still submit them????????? Do you think it'll hurt my chances by not submitting them?????

Bioinformatics is clearly not a required course; if I were an admissions officer I wouldn't discredit you for making a B- in it. I think the more important issue in getting off the waitlist is showing that you're really genuinely interested in the school (i.e. send an LOI and make it clear!). Remember, waitlist doesn't mean "not quite qualified enough," it means "qualified, but we don't have enough space yet."

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point in time it is not necessary to submit any more grades, especially if your GPA went down. If you get in, you will have submit all your transcripts to the school before classes start.

Hope you clear the waitlist :luck:

Do not send them in... A drop in GPA is not good. I would look and say... oh, so-and-so's GPA went up to a 3.75 from a 3.70. He's dedicated. Then I would look at yours and say, well this guy dropped the ball this semester. Should we take the chance?

Just an opinion here...

I agree with camel, you are not required to send them, then dont. Only send them if they show an improvement. BUT SEND A LOI Perhaps talk to your Bioinformatics prof. and ask if there is anythig that can be done to sharpen you knowledge in such an important field as BioI, so he can change the grade. An update should be poitive if you want a desired positive outcome. my 3 cents

The only reason I can see not to send your grades would be if they are not good. It give you another reason to write an update letter and state your interest in the school.

Pre-Med-Guru said:
I agree with camel, you are not required to send them, then dont. Only send them if they show an improvement. BUT SEND A LOI Perhaps talk to your Bioinformatics prof. and ask if there is anythig that can be done to sharpen you knowledge in such an important field as BioI, so he can change the grade. An update should be poitive if you want a desired positive outcome. my 3 cents

Change the grade? Are you serious? Do they do that at your school?

hey

just on a side note - my student interviewer told me to send in grades through a letter and if you didn't like certain grades... just to leave them out. you don't have to include every single grade that you received post application

just a thought.

eledamau said:
hey

just on a side note - my student interviewer told me to send in grades through a letter and if you didn't like certain grades... just to leave them out. you don't have to include every single grade that you received post application

just a thought.

That is verging on dishonesty right there... No person with integrity would do that.

If the reason you were waitlisted was because they wanted to see last semester grades, you will have to send them a transcript, so writing a letter and leaving out the less favorable marks won't cut it. That being said, how many hard science classes did you take? What did you get in those. If we're talking about all As in science classes and a B-, then you might not have much to worry about.

Don't send the grades unless you must. Making a 3.45 lower is baaaaaaaaaad.
Is that your Sci gpa or over all? :D