• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

I'm withdrawing from a Loyola Spot...

About the Ads

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
I'm just so nervous not to have a net. I know that sounds bad, but I don't mean it to. It's like... what if Boston decides they hate me and then I have nothing? I feel kinda like an old SDNer named slickness was feeling, but he's not around anymore ;)

That's it! I'm doing it and no one can stop me! :smuggrin:

E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
I'm just so nervous not to have a net. I know that sounds bad, but I don't mean it to. It's like... what if Boston decides they hate me and then I have nothing? I feel kinda like an old SDNer named slickness was feeling, but he's not around anymore ;)

That's it! I'm doing it and no one can stop me! :smuggrin:

Paranoia sets in.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
It's like... what if Boston decides they hate me and then I have nothing? I feel kinda like an old SDNer named slickness was feeling, but he's not around anymore ;)
:laugh: Yea I wonder where he went.:confused:

I do know how you feel though. It's alway nice to have a backup.:)

LP1CW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2003
AlreadyinDebt,

When did you get off the waitlist at BU? At least, I thought you were on the waitlist. So, why BU over Loyola?

It feels good to finally decide where you're going. I know I felt great when I made up my mind. It's weird, I have nothing to really worry about in regards to the whole application process now. I've spent more than a year dealing with. It's anticlimatic.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
LP1CW said:
AlreadyinDebt,

When did you get off the waitlist at BU? At least, I thought you were on the waitlist. So, why BU over Loyola?

It feels good to finally decide where you're going. I know I felt great when I made up my mind. It's weird, I have nothing to really worry about in regards to the whole application process now. I've spent more than a year dealing with. It's anticlimatic.

I don't really know if what I was on at BU was called a waitlist, but I interviewed in time for the first round of acceptances and was deferred to the second round. Officially, it was March 11th, I think.

I chose BU for a couple of reasons. BU's affiliation with two GREAT hospitals and the a broader spectrum with respect to socioeconomic status of patients was a big part. BU and Boston were very diverse, whereas Chicago was just black or white. I also feel that I will come out a more thoroughly trained physician at BU because of these reasons. A part of me also feels that I will be more inclined to match back on the West Coast coming from BU... if I feel I still want to come back, that it. Finally, my Aunt, Uncle and 4 cousins live in Yonkers, NY, which is only three hours away from BU. I really feel like I made the right decision.

What is crazy, though, is that I am not "for sure" on where I will be going! I'm on the alternate list at UCI and am still waiting to hear back from Loma Linda post-interview, both of which I would attend over BU.

So, all I can really do is wait it out.

Mr Reddly

Snowglobe!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Still trying
courtyard said:
i just finished composing withdrawl letters for UCSD, UCI, and UMich.
I love you man!
smitten.gif

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.