I'm withdrawing from a Loyola Spot...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to mail the letter... SO, I hope this opens up a spot for one of you guys!! I'm so nervous and I don't know why! Anyways, GOOD LUCK!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
I'm about to mail the letter... SO, I hope this opens up a spot for one of you guys!! I'm so nervous and I don't know why! Anyways, GOOD LUCK!!!
:clap: :clap:

Don't do it AID.:(

JK, it is the right thing to do.:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just so nervous not to have a net. I know that sounds bad, but I don't mean it to. It's like... what if Boston decides they hate me and then I have nothing? I feel kinda like an old SDNer named slickness was feeling, but he's not around anymore ;)

That's it! I'm doing it and no one can stop me! :smuggrin:

I'm just so nervous not to have a net. I know that sounds bad, but I don't mean it to. It's like... what if Boston decides they hate me and then I have nothing? I feel kinda like an old SDNer named slickness was feeling, but he's not around anymore ;)

That's it! I'm doing it and no one can stop me! :smuggrin:

Paranoia sets in.

Originally posted by Eraserhead
Paranoia sets in.

:laugh: I'm going to put the letter in one of those big, blue USPS mailboxes so I can't get it back out!

It's like... what if Boston decides they hate me and then I have nothing? I feel kinda like an old SDNer named slickness was feeling, but he's not around anymore ;)
:laugh: Yea I wonder where he went.:confused:

I do know how you feel though. It's alway nice to have a backup.:)

hey AID, what did you like about boston over loyola??

Originally posted by Adapt
:laugh: Yea I wonder where he went.:confused:

I do know how you feel though. It's alway nice to have a backup.:)

I know I know but guys we are OK as long as we don't kill anyone. ;)

Ok, it's official... I mailed it. Good luck to all. :cool:

AlreadyinDebt,

When did you get off the waitlist at BU? At least, I thought you were on the waitlist. So, why BU over Loyola?

It feels good to finally decide where you're going. I know I felt great when I made up my mind. It's weird, I have nothing to really worry about in regards to the whole application process now. I've spent more than a year dealing with. It's anticlimatic.

LP1CW said:
AlreadyinDebt,

When did you get off the waitlist at BU? At least, I thought you were on the waitlist. So, why BU over Loyola?

It feels good to finally decide where you're going. I know I felt great when I made up my mind. It's weird, I have nothing to really worry about in regards to the whole application process now. I've spent more than a year dealing with. It's anticlimatic.

I don't really know if what I was on at BU was called a waitlist, but I interviewed in time for the first round of acceptances and was deferred to the second round. Officially, it was March 11th, I think.

I chose BU for a couple of reasons. BU's affiliation with two GREAT hospitals and the a broader spectrum with respect to socioeconomic status of patients was a big part. BU and Boston were very diverse, whereas Chicago was just black or white. I also feel that I will come out a more thoroughly trained physician at BU because of these reasons. A part of me also feels that I will be more inclined to match back on the West Coast coming from BU... if I feel I still want to come back, that it. Finally, my Aunt, Uncle and 4 cousins live in Yonkers, NY, which is only three hours away from BU. I really feel like I made the right decision.

What is crazy, though, is that I am not "for sure" on where I will be going! I'm on the alternate list at UCI and am still waiting to hear back from Loma Linda post-interview, both of which I would attend over BU.

So, all I can really do is wait it out.

following after AID,

i just finished composing withdrawl letters for UCSD, UCI, and UMich.
i am going to mail it out on monday.

Good luck everyone!!!

sincerely,
CY.

courtyard said:
i just finished composing withdrawl letters for UCSD, UCI, and UMich.
I love you man!
smitten.gif

Wow, thanks so much courtyard! Maybe I'll get your spot at UCI or UCSD :)

mikeyboy said:
Wow, thanks so much courtyard! Maybe I'll get your spot at UCI...

Hands off! You too, Mr. Reddly... :mad: You DON'Twant to mess with this! Trust me, ladies. :p