I'm worried now...just got my organic grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctortobee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to worry now...I'm applying to D.O schools this semester...I just got my first C in organic 2....My overall science GPA is 3.5 and overall I have a 3.7....tons of unique extracurricular experince...

I know I should be worrying, but I am...

Members don't see this ad.

DONT GET AN ULCER OR HEART ATTACK OVER IT! Since you all ready have such a solid science GPA, I doubt any adcom at a DO school will dismiss your application over one C in Organic 2! You have shown consistency until now in your science and other classes. STAY POSITIVE!!!! I would suggest taking a Biochem. class at your school and ace that.

I had a 2.5 science GPA in undergrad (including
3Cs in Bio 1 and 2 and Chem 1). Because of that I went to do a MASTERS in PUBLIC HEALTH and did a pre-med postbaac (and my postbaacscience GPA now is a solid 3.1). You are nowhere near the boat I was in as an undergrad and far ahead of the game. Keep your head up!

Don't worry about a C in organic, to make you feel better, I have two friends, one at UC Davis med, and one at Georgetown, who both got C's in Organic 2. They have similar GPA's as you, don't worry about it. I got lots of C's and somehow i got myself into CCOM. I did get an A in O. chem though...relax, youre done with that pain in the ass class.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry about it bub. i got a C in orgo2 and a C in orgo lab... 3.54 overall, can't remember my science gpa, 28 mcat and i got into nsucom.

there are people in my class who didn't do nearly what i did (I didn't do that great), and people in my class valedictorians from their colleges. It goes to show that you just have to apply with waht you got, and not let anything bother you. Just try your hardest and send in the app. That's all anyoen can ask of you.
Q

dont sweat it.

Doctortobe,

Don't worry about!...You don't even wanna know what I got in Organic, or what my undergrad GPA was! heh heh.....But I got accepted to med school my first shot out...and I'm doing pretty well(patting myself on the back)....

Vince

I received a C+ in Orgo 2 (my only C, ever) - damn how boring was orgo?? - anyway I am now at a top 20 allopathic school so keep your chin up....and ace the MCAT.

Above all, DON'T WORRY! People of all shapes and sizes get into medical school. It will do you no good to wonder and worry about any perceived deficiencies because, likely, something like one grade will not even be a factor when they look at your overall application.