IM @ Yale/Bridgeport?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCSOM02

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any information on this program or know ANYTHING about Yale/Bridgeport Hospital?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it is a community program. I would look into the degree of relation to Yale. Often programs will use the "big name" in order to attract more applicants, but in reality the smaller program may have only a cursory relationship to the "name program." Case in point: Univeristy of Illinois internal medicine and University of Illinois at Christ Hospital internal medicine. These two are entirely separate in all but name.

Sure PCSMOS2,

I'm a combined plastics resident at Yale. What questions did you have specifically?

draper

Members don't see this ad :)
I was curious about the location of the hospital (I've heard some interesting things about Bridgeport) and It's reputation/affiliation with Yale. Thanks.

Bridgeport Hospital is located approximately 17 miles south of Yale on I-95. Bridgeport, CT is a blue collar town with certain neighborhoods which provide much of the trauma experience for the surgical residents rotating there. Most of the Bridgeport residents do not actually choose to live there.

As far as Bridgeport's affiliation with YNHH, Bridgeport Hospital itself does not accept surgery or pediatrics residents. Instead Yale surgical and pediatrics residents rotate through.
Bridgeport does accept medicine, med/peds, radiology, and ob-gyn residents and I do not believe they rotate through Yale-New Haven Hospital. Therefore, Bridgeport's affiliation with Yale pertains mostly to surgery and pediatrics.

Hope this helps.