IMG and radiology in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahmad sharawneh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance for IMG to get accepted at radiology residency ?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Radiology has become increasingly uncompetitive in recent years. Your chances still aren't super high, but it's definitely possible, particularly at less desirable locations.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. Radiology has become increasingly uncompetitive in recent years. Your chances still aren't super high, but it's definitely possible, particularly at less desirable locations.
Is step 1 and 2 important

Members don't see this ad :)
Both of them are. You're going to want 240+ Step 1 and a bit higher than that on Step 2. Step 1 is the more important of the two exams for rads though.
What about research ? And do you have information how to publish a decent research it will be?

Both of them are. You're going to want 240+ Step 1 and a bit higher than that on Step 2. Step 1 is the more important of the two exams for rads though.
Is my average at university important?

Yes and yes. You don't even need to be published though, as long as you've got research experience it looks good. Published nust looks way better
OK last question if I scored +260 on step 1 how is my chances?

OK last question if I scored +260 on step 1 how is my chances?
That depends on the rest of your app. If you've got a 260 with no research, no USHCE, and a Step 2 of 210 your chances are near zero. If the rest of your app is solid, it depends on your ability to get a visa, your writing abilities, your letters, what university you attended, etc. Basically your chances could be anywhere from 0-70%.

Last edited:
That depends on the east of your app. If you've got a 260 with no research, no USHCE, and a Step 2 of 210 your chances are near zero. If the rest of your app is solid, it depends on your ability to get a visa, your writing abilities, your letters, what university you attended, etc. Basically your chances could be anywhere from 0-70%.
Thank you very much