IMG: CK result on Sep 30. Apply now or wait for the result

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krasmyc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am not sure what to do.My application is ready with ERAS, LOR and PS. Been IMG its very important to be done with all steps. I gave Ck a week back and so won't get the result until Sep 30.
Will programs filter me out if I apply now as I don't meet their criteria?
and after CK result will they be able to download?

or once you are filtered out, will theys end me the rejection automatically?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends.

Each program can decide what "complete" means. If a program decides that you need Step 1 and 2 to be complete, then your application will remain in ERAS as "incomplete" until your score is reported, and then will appear in the complete filter for review. So, in that case, you might as well apply now.

Another program might decide that they just want a USMLE transcript. They would see your application as complete now, and make a decision. If rejected, they are very unlikely to go back and look at it again once your CK result is back. If you think that your CK result will be a big plus to your application, then you might be better waiting until the result is available.

In both cases, if your application is delayed long enough, you might not get an interview.

So, as you can see, there is no right answer. You need to simply decide which option you think is best.

Thankyou @aProgDirector .
I tried finding out from each program website if they consider application once its complete vs when they see USMLE transcript. I even called 90ish program and they all said we don't start looking at applications before October. Anyway, I applied yesterday and all i can do is wait.
Btw i am talking about IM.