This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, just curious, does NRMP track our emails??

Members don't see this ad.

Let me post my list as well, interested in GI, I would appreciate any input:

1. Cleveland Clinic
2. Rutgers NJMS
3. UConn
4. Mt. Sinai St. Luke/Roosevelt
5. MedStar Washington Hospital Center
6. Jackson Memorial Hospital/Miami
7. University of Arizona Tucson
8. St. Elizabeth/ Boston
9. Allegheny
10. Mount Auburn
11. UConn
12. Albany
13. Bridgeport/Yale
14. University of Oklahoma
15. Lankenau
16. Baystate

This is impressive. Mine are all communities programs. Just that why did UConn appear twice? LOL
I'd move Albany and Univ of Oklahoma to at least top 5~6; Bridgeport, Lankenau and Baystate at the bottom. The rest are similar and it's really up to your gut feeling

there are community programs with much better fellowship placements... it really depends

cook county is a famous hospital and they do have good fellowship placement and good research output

I love Cook County program and is actually planning to rank it as my number 1, but SLU is just way more competitive. You're very strong to be able to get into it since SLU is mostly composed of AMG and DO. The same goes with LSU. On the other hand, Cook County is an IMG community program at best. That being said, Cook County is a great program and you can still get into awesome GI so long as you continue to ace your way throughout the residency.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is impressive. Mine are all communities programs. Just that why did UConn appear twice? LOL
I'd move Albany and Univ of Oklahoma to at least top 5~6; Bridgeport, Lankenau and Baystate at the bottom. The rest are similar and it's really up to your gut feeling
Why Bridgeport at the bottom? Yeah, I am gonna move Albany higher. I don't know what I did with UConn lol, but it's going to be high on my list.

+1 St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton NJ

Lol IVs are still coming

Anybody has any idea about this program??

Reactions: 3 users
1. Cleveland Clinic
2. Mayo Az
3. Pennsylvania Hospital
4. U of A Phx
5. U of A Tuscon
6. Santa B Cottage
7. Creighton Phx
8. Lehigh

Input appreciated as always.

Reactions: 1 user
Let me post my list as well, interested in GI, I would appreciate any input:

1. Cleveland Clinic
2. Rutgers NJMS
3. UConn
4. Mt. Sinai St. Luke/Roosevelt
5. MedStar Washington Hospital Center
6. Jackson Memorial Hospital/Miami
7. University of Arizona Tucson
8. St. Elizabeth/ Boston
9. Allegheny
10. Mount Auburn
11. UConn
12. Albany
13. Bridgeport/Yale
14. University of Oklahoma
15. Lankenau
16. Baystate

If that was my list I'd be putting Mount Auburn super high. Boston is a cool city, and it's Harvard! There's community programs with academic affiliation, and then there's community programs with Harvard affiliation. You're ranking St Elizabeths ahead of Bridgeport, that's unorthodox.

Reactions: 2 users
Alright, I'll go too if that's cool. Going for cards hopefully. I think my top 4 are good, just confused whether to go with advocate or UAB at 3. Thoughts about that, or the list in general?

1. Geisinger
2. FAU
3. Advocate masonic
4. UAB Montgomery
5. Ocala
6. Oak hill
7. Brandon
8. Parkview

UAB potentially higher if geography was equal.

Interested in Hem/onc vs. GI. No preference in visas. Going back and forth about my 1st and 2nd. Would love any input.

1. U Conn
2. University of Kansas
3. Rochester General Hospital
4. Englewood Hospital
5. MetroWest Medical Center

Interested in Hem/onc vs. GI. No preference in visas. Going back and forth about my 1st and 2nd. Would love any input.

1. U Conn
2. University of Kansas
3. Rochester General Hospital
4. Englewood Hospital
5. MetroWest Medical Center
which one has better fellowship placements? Do they take inhouse for GI at Uni of Kansas? UConn is a great program, but it's hard to get in inhouse GI (still possible though). Both are great programs and I'm sure at Hem/onc both have an amazing match. I only interviewed at UConn out of these 2 and I really liked it.

Hi guys,
how would you compare these new york programs?
LIJ forest Hills
Nassau University medical center
Richmond university medical center
montefiore/wakefield
Icahn queens hospital
Icahn elmhurst
Lincoln medical center

Members don't see this ad :)
which one has better fellowship placements? Do they take inhouse for GI at Uni of Kansas? UConn is a great program, but it's hard to get in inhouse GI (still possible though). Both are great programs and I'm sure at Hem/onc both have an amazing match. I only interviewed at UConn out of these 2 and I really liked it.

Based off of past alumni history, most Kansas grads seem to stay in-house for fellowships whereas a much larger proportion of UConn grads go for outside programs, but they both seem to have phenomenal matches for outgoing grads. KU seems to take 1 GI in-house per year. They both seem like great programs with good vibes which make the choice difficult.

Based off of past alumni history, most Kansas grads seem to stay in-house for fellowships whereas a much larger proportion of UConn grads go for outside programs, but they both seem to have phenomenal matches for outgoing grads. KU seems to take 1 GI in-house per year. They both seem like great programs with good vibes which make the choice difficult.
I believe they are pretty equal, just rank them based on the location + your gut feeling.

got UT Houston rejection recently
Like the fact that at least I am getting response from programs that stayed so silent lol

UAB potentially higher if geography was equal.
Geography favors Masonic as it's in Chicago vs. Montgomery, Alabama. Program quality seems to favor UAB though. But then I really really liked the residents at Masonic. But UAB has a better fellowship match rate. Sigh..see the problem? lol

Geography favors Masonic as it's in Chicago vs. Montgomery, Alabama. Program quality seems to favor UAB though. But then I really really liked the residents at Masonic. But UAB has a better fellowship match rate. Sigh..see the problem? lol

Geography definitely favors masonic. However, be aware this means many people will also be picking Chicago for the location. In my opinion Montgomery is much much safer than Chicago. Also it seems to me that Advocate Masonic is interviewing a ton of people. Almost everyone I spoke with on the interview trail is also interviewing there. Masonic also has one of the lowest board pass rates of all the programs. So these are things to consider. When it doubt, I think it's safe to go with the better program over geography....but that's just my opinion. You ultimately decide your fate. G'luck!

If that was my list I'd be putting Mount Auburn super high. Boston is a cool city, and it's Harvard! There's community programs with academic affiliation, and then there's community programs with Harvard affiliation. You're ranking St Elizabeths ahead of Bridgeport, that's unorthodox.
Far more connections to other programs at st Es...it’s underestimated...their fellowship match is decent.

Geography definitely favors masonic. However, be aware this means many people will also be picking Chicago for the location. In my opinion Montgomery is much much safer than Chicago. Also it seems to me that Advocate Masonic is interviewing a ton of people. Almost everyone I spoke with on the interview trail is also interviewing there. Masonic also has one of the lowest board pass rates of all the programs. So these are things to consider. When it doubt, I think it's safe to go with the better program over geography....but that's just my opinion. You ultimately decide your fate. G'luck!

Montgomery safer than Chicago? You must have never been to Montgomery. Under no circumstances is Montgomery better than Chicago-except for snowfall.

Hi guys,
LIJ forest Hills
montefiore/wakefield
Icahn queens hospital
Icahn elmhurst
Lincoln medical center
I was told Lincoln medical center has a bad reputation. Other than that, no input.

Hello guys,

Based on your experiences, how would you rank the following programs:
Lahey Clinic - St. Luke's Roosevelt/Mt sinai - Albany Med

Thanks alot

but does it matter if a lot of people are ranking a program? I thought the match favors the candidates and if their first choice is filled out, the algorithm moves to the second?

Please don’t use this “strategy”. It doesn’t matter how the program ranks, time and time again it’s been said to PLEASE RANK ACCORDING TO YOUR PREFERENCE. The match favors applicants. Don’t know why people still don’t understand this concept

Reactions: 3 users
I remember from an interview they told us that if we update myeras when we get the results, they will be able to see them, but I want someone to confirm as well. By the way, did you take your exam in late December? Because I could not understand if we will receive them after 3-4 weeks or later than that.
FYI: I did get my score back today, hope you did to!

does only PD rank candidates or others too? e.g the residents who give us tours and other faculty members who take interviews? if one has had not so good IV with PD but good with another faculty member, so is there chance they will rank or it's a bad idea to rank that program no 1?

does only PD rank candidates or others too? e.g the residents who give us tours and other faculty members who take interviews? if one has had not so good IV with PD but good with another faculty member, so is there chance they will rank or it's a bad idea to rank that program no 1?

I think you should rank according to where you want to go and not how you think they will rank you

I appreciate the insight! Montgomery is kinda random but the program really makes up for it in my opinion. I gotta review just how strong Masonic is. They had a great environment and resident camaraderie. Besides the weather, I need to evaluate if they'd help me reach fellowship goals. Let's see. Thanks again!

Hi guys,
LIJ forest Hills
montefiore/wakefield
Icahn queens hospital
Icahn elmhurst
Lincoln medical center

Did not personally like LIJ for some reason. 3rd year resident did not seem happy and did complain about scutwork (it's NYC). But that's just what I felt, I may be wrong. Good luck! :)

Has anybody been invited to "diversity dinners" or "minority recruitment dinners" after your interview? I've never heard of them before and have received 2 of those invitations so far. I honestly have no idea what to expect haha. Both programs are in the same city I live in so I will definitely go but I was wondering if anybody knew what they were.
Hey guys, wondering if anybody had been invited to any diversity/minority recruitment dinners/mixers and if you know what they were. Thanks!

Did not personally like LIJ for some reason. 3rd year resident did not seem happy and did complain about scutwork (it's NYC). But that's just what I felt, I may be wrong. Good luck! :)
what do you think about Nassau university VS Richmond university medical center?
Nassau is like a no name program but has in house fellowships

I agree, out of my interviews Forest Hills felt cold, uncomfortable, no personality, scut work, no fellowships, unhappy residents. I am ranking it last. I would be a lot happier at some of my FM programs.

When is the time to start sending letter of interest to programs that we are ranking them first?

Honestly, just send the email whenever you want. Whether you send it now or in 10 days, it doesn't matter. Focus on the letter and the content, cause you could **** up all your hard work with a poorly written email.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agree, Mount Auburn is a great program!

Would anyone in here advise ranking an HCA program?
Super subjective question. Depends on how many other interviews you have and where they're from. If you have 10+ non HCA interviews at better quality programs, then you don't. But if you have less than that, I think you should. I guess it depends on whether you think it's better to go to an HCA program or risk going unmatched.

Would anyone in here advise ranking an HCA program?
I was just wondering what your hesitation is regarding ranking HCA program? Kind of want to know if there is something I should be wary of considering I do have to rank some HCA programs as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! If you are visa requiring IMG and an intern quits at a residency program mid way through the intern year, can you apply for that PGY1 opening? I mean can the program sponsor your visa for such a position where your residency shall begin and end out-of-sync with the usual match cycle?

Hi everyone! If you are visa requiring IMG and an intern quits at a residency program mid way through the intern year, can you apply for that PGY1 opening? I mean can the program sponsor your visa for such a position where your residency shall begin and end out-of-sync with the usual match cycle?

I've heard that Bronx Lebanon does that for their unfilled position, so you definitely can.

I've heard that Bronx Lebanon does that for their unfilled position, so you definitely can.
Thank you so much @qPCR !
Any one else with any knowledge on this subject? Will love to hear from more people on this matter. @aProgDirector ! If you can answer this question, I will be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much @qPCR !
Any one else with any knowledge on this subject? Will love to hear from more people on this matter. @aProgDirector ! If you can answer this question, I will be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.

If it's a few weeks or a month into residency it could be feasible. But half way through intern year may be difficult for a program to recruit because the agreement they have to sign with the NRMP match requires them to fill ALL their positions through the match. Unless they hire you and then hire the same amount of interns next year (and let you graduate 6 months later), then it could be possible. But I believe it becomes very tricky. Hospitals like Bronx-Lebanon that DO NOT participate in the match (offer pre-match) can definitely hire you regardless of when your start date is. You should learn more about the program that you are referring to and see how feasible it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.