This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want it to be 9pm, so I can be free til March 11th! Good Luck everyone, remeber the goal is to Match. Trust me, if you get that email saying sorry....you will wish you ranked all your programs so think 100 times before leaving a program off your list.
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so is it safe to lmaoo unlock my social media pages and change my professional profile pictures back to the crazies they used to be?

Reactions: 3 users
keep checking to make sure i'm certified, the paranoia is real.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If this is the countdown to ROL, imagine the countdown to the match.

Holy Moly

Reactions: 6 users
Officially out of our hands. I need to pick up some hobbies for the next few weeks

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to let you guys know.. the "EDIT LIST" button should have disappeared!!! If you did it right.

Just to let you guys know.. the "EDIT LIST" button should have disappeared!!! If you did it right.
the five seconds it took to go back and make sure the edit button disappeared caused me so much anxiety just now lol but thanks for the tip!

Reactions: 2 users
ask the current gov of Va how far back those pix can be to come back and bite you in the a$$...
lmaoooo sometimes relax rokshana and take a joke. i was kidding looool but your answers are always so diplomatic and straight to the point

reddit has a hilarious thread on Naming and shaming on programs, for those who have too much time to kill and not sure what to do, it's a fun read about the **** people dealt with during the interview season.

reddit has a hilarious thread on Naming and shaming on programs, for those who have too much time to kill and not sure what to do, it's a fun read about the **** people dealt with during the interview season.
I'm loving every bit of it

What’s the link ?

US-IMG
Step 1 218
Step 2 251
CS pass all first attempt
208 programs applied to
Good luck guys!

Hi,

Congrats on your Step2 score. Good luck in matching. I finished Step1 with the same score as yours. I really want to excel in step2 to have some hope in residency. Can you please guide me on study materials you used to get the great score 251

17 days to go..
97bef54.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone on here following champions league now that the season is over? Lol

from what I read everyone got interviews at MtS SLR and Cook County!

Let's see who are the lucky winners on the 15th!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,

Congrats on your Step2 score. Good luck in matching. I finished Step1 with the same score as yours. I really want to excel in step2 to have some hope in residency. Can you please guide me on study materials you used to get the great score 251

I had six weeks of dedicated studying I did uworld all day and a practice test once a week for six weeks. The four nbme ones and two uwsa. A lot of people on this thread have scored a lot higher but this worked for me. Best of luck!

ok im officially running on coffee + melatonin now, I will crash right in front of you when either one runs out....gawd this is awful

BTW how do y'all study for Step 3? Might as well do something productive lol

ok im officially running on coffee + melatonin now, I will crash right in front of you when either one runs out....gawd this is awful

I have given up on preparing for step 3 till after match day. This has been the most difficult step for me to prepare for cause I have no incentive. Whenever I start, i sleep off

Step 3 studying has been impossible for me. Can't seem to focus. Just passively watching review videos

Reactions: 3 users
hahah for step3 yeaaaaaa im just going through the motions but my hearts not in it; just feels very mindless. plus i'm like these hospitals will pay for it right so there is time

Just do UWorld.. that's all you really need. If something's not clear, go to whatever resources you used for step 2CK. It is VERY similar to step 2CK, main difference is ccs parts and for that just use UWorld and the examples provided by USMLE. You just need to make a decision algorithm that works for you... when to send home, when to refer, when to take to ER, when to admit to ICU etc.
My biggest recommendation is take it before starting intern year! Studying right now is painful but look at it this way: you get some distraction from just waiting around for match day and you won't have to deal with trying to study OBGYN while trying to survive intern year. All of my IMG friends that have taken it during intern year say the same thing: just get it done before July 1st and forget about USMLE forever hahaha. Of course you have to study but I felt it was a very different experience compared to step 1 or 2CK because everybody just wants to cross if off their to-do list so the curve is very chill compared to the others. As a point of reference, I scored about 30pts below my CK score and that was still around 75th percentile

Just do UWorld.. that's all you really need. If something's not clear, go to whatever resources you used for step 2CK. It is VERY similar to step 2CK, main difference is ccs parts and for that just use UWorld and the examples provided by USMLE. You just need to make a decision algorithm that works for you... when to send home, when to refer, when to take to ER, when to admit to ICU etc.
My biggest recommendation is take it before starting intern year! Studying right now is painful but look at it this way: you get some distraction from just waiting around for match day and you won't have to deal with trying to study OBGYN while trying to survive intern year. All of my IMG friends that have taken it during intern year say the same thing: just get it done before July 1st and forget about USMLE forever hahaha. Of course you have to study but I felt it was a very different experience compared to step 1 or 2CK because everybody just wants to cross if off their to-do list so the curve is very chill compared to the others. As a point of reference, I scored about 30pts below my CK score and that was still around 75th percentile
I agree...I just want to knock it out soon after intern year (I heard having some practical experience helps with the cases), but I want to get the knowledge part done before intern year...I mean either that or I'll play video game 10h a day. Plus I would love to part with surgery obgyn and peds for good

I agree...I just want to knock it out soon after intern year (I heard having some practical experience helps with the cases), but I want to get the knowledge part done before intern year...I mean either that or I'll play video game 10h a day. Plus I would love to part with surgery obgyn and peds for good
In my opinion, practical experience would probably help with the cases but I don't think the benefit of it is that much compared to doing it without the pressure and time limitations of residency. I don't know about you but I would forget most (if not everything) I studied now by the time intern year is over... so I would say either study now and get it over with or wait until after intern year and study then :laugh:

In my opinion, practical experience would probably help with the cases but I don't think the benefit of it is that much compared to doing it without the pressure and time limitations of residency. I don't know about you but I would forget most (if not everything) I studied now by the time intern year is over... so I would say either study now and get it over with or wait until after intern year and study then :laugh:
Though after doing an intern year, you don’t really need to study...

Though after doing an intern year, you don’t really need to study...
That makes sense. Personally, I didn't feel I was at a disadvantage due to lack of clinical experience and I'm glad to have done it already (pushed it mostly for the H1b visa) since it's one less thing to worry about during intern year/residency and it was a great distraction during application and interview season. Other people might disagree and think it's easier to do during/after intern year. I guess it's a matter of personalities and opinions

I just said I'd do a few rounds of Uworld (x2) to get the brunt of the studying out of the way so you can just do "casual" studying in residency and then would have the didactics and experience fill in the rest for the CCS cases. We all remember the 1st round of Uworld takes the longest. After that, it's just a matter of when we feel like taking the test.

12 days 20 hours
Dayum. Coming up guys. I'm staying busy by working out to decrease the stress and anxiety, volunteering, going to my alumni college's sports games, catching up with old friends and living my best life. Remember, this is the time to do all those hobbies you wrote down on on eras haha. Definitely makes the time go by a little faster!

Dayum. Coming up guys. I'm staying busy by working out to decrease the stress and anxiety, volunteering, going to my alumni college's sports games, catching up with old friends and living my best life. Remember, this is the time to do all those hobbies you wrote down on on eras haha. Definitely makes the time go by a little faster!
Nice, that sounds productive. I'm binging netflix lol just finished money heist. Also doing some reading, I highly recommend 'The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***' and 'The Empathy Effect' if you guys are looking for new reads. Now working my way through Game of Thrones again so I can rewatch it all before the new season comes out #valarmorghulis

Nice, that sounds productive. I'm binging netflix lol just finished money heist. Also doing some reading, I highly recommend 'The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***' and 'The Empathy Effect' if you guys are looking for new reads. Now working my way through Game of Thrones again so I can rewatch it all before the new season comes out #valarmorghulis
I am about to start game of thrones. I left it for this moment in life :)

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.