This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I MATCHEDDDDD UZ AHZNEHZ DNZMAVZHXNDNGH JZ D

What a feeling!!!!

Funny thing is I saw the NOT ELIGBLE FOR SOAP before the match message

Hahahaha me too and panicked for a second.

Congratulations to all who matched! It was not an easy process but we made it! Beyond grateful.

And good luck to those who will go through SOAP and apply in the future. You all will make it too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Matched!!! Woooo!
For those who did not, I did not match in the first time around and it was a long process, but well worth it! Keep pushing through!!

Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Matched! Congratulations everyone!!

Reactions: 15 users
Congrats to everyone who matched, I didn't get it in this year, will try for SOAP and strengthen my app for next time.

Matched! Didn't get the email until 11:26 but checked nrmp website at 11:05

Reactions: 13 users
Matched!! So so happy! :))

Congrats to everyone.
Those who haven't matched yet, focus on the soap!!

Thank you for all your support!!

Reactions: 14 users
CONGRATS TO YOU ALL guys!!! Didnt match but that was expected with only 2 interviews.. lets try soap and if not next year again..

Reactions: 5 users
bros I'm so lucky to have matched, 2nd year applying.. best advice i can give is apply everywhere, and especially new programs, hunt that **** down, and prematch program lists. keep ur head up and be patient

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Electronic Residency you can stop sending me these emails now, no less than 6 in the last 1 hr

Reactions: 1 user
Matched!!! Woooo!
For those who did not, I did not match in the first time around and it was a long process, but well worth it! Keep pushing through!!
Absolutely agree. Keep pushing and max out your potential these next 6 months. I went throught it as well. Cry it out for a week and then make a plan. The year flies by and before you know it you will be celebrating. Hard work will pay off!! Keep your heads up! You are worthy. Things happen for a reason, just be persistence.

This forum has been amazing and kept me going.

Congratulations to everyone on here! No matter what your outcome was today, we’ve ALL worked incredibly hard to even come to this day. For those who will be trying for SOAP, I wish you all the luck in the world!!! And I also want to say thank you to all of you for all the advice everyone has contributed on here. This whole process would’ve been a lot more grueling if not for this forum! Hope next years applicants make good use of this info

word we got each other backs I'm gonna be on the forums all week if anyone needs someone to talk to.

Reactions: 7 users
Good job guys we've had some ups and downs here. Stress gets the best of us sometimes. Such is life. But the outcome today has been absolutely amazing. People kept telling us it was impossible to match as an IMG but from what I'm seeing, IMGs are matching at a very high rate this year. Congratulations to all of you. For the ones who didn't match, your time will come too. Be persistent. Your day will come too!

Reactions: 8 users
One of the programs I interviewed is on soap list .. if I apply there does it increase my chances in anyway

there's the argument that they didn't rank you enough the first time around but like there's also the argument that they know you and your application better so they might like u more now that they didn't match? it's a tough call

Reactions: 1 users
One of the programs I interviewed is on soap list .. if I apply there does it increase my chances in anyway

are you sure it's categorical or is it prelim? I may be wrong, but if it's categorical then maybe not worth it to apply to that same programs categorical again

I matched!
Just wanyed to congratulate everyone who matched! And for all those who didn't, please dont lose hope and persevere. I wish you all the luck for SOAP.
This has truly been such a humbling experience. I am so grateful and feel so blessed. I still cant believe it. Feels like a dream

Reactions: 9 users
All the second time applicants who matched this year! You ROCK! Especially some of you I know have such strong IV performance this year. Hard to believe that you had been unmatched last time!

Strong MIND, stronger WORKS!

Reactions: 5 users
Matched!

To my IMG friends, congrats on matching, it's been a long haul for all of us...and I'm really grateful for all the advice that y'all've been sharing.

To those who have to SOAP, best of luck, may the Match be with you!

5 hours later and I just stopped screaming and jumping around...MATCHED!

Thank you to everyone on this thread who provided support, advice, guidance, and and most importantly, camaraderie. You guys made it easier to go through and I'm genuinely thankful.

For those who didn't match, don't let this define you. We all have ups and downs and obstacles that we must overcome. Every year people beat the odds and match despite weaknesses on their CV. You will be okay. Try to SOAP, but if it doesn't work out this year, I know you'll be back stronger and better prepared next year. My inbox is always open. Best wishes to you all!

Attachments

• eras.jpg
    eras.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 118
is MyEras working for anyone?
Just tried it and it says it's temporarily unavailable. Just saw on twitter (@erasinfo) that they will be closing the website while they deal with some issues. Hope this helps

Does anyone have any idea what will happen on the 15th? Like after we find out where we matched, will the programs immediately contact us?

I just discovered programs will know Match results on THURSDAY!!! :bored: Thursday!!! I want to be a PD :arghh:

I just discovered programs will know Match results on THURSDAY!!! :bored: Thursday!!! I want to be a PD :arghh:
so apparently our schools already knew where we matched to.... (at least for the partially matched peeps, not sure for categoricals)

Congratulations to all those who matched!!! I hope I get a match in SOAP. feeling so bad:(

About SOAP, how long is the interview? and do someone knows how many Interviewers there will be? does program contact before interview like we'll call you at this time or so? or hey just call? As myeras is closed, so programs can call at night or just only in the morning?

About SOAP, how long is the interview? and do someone knows how many Interviewers there will be? does program contact before interview like we'll call you at this time or so? or hey just call? As myeras is closed, so programs can call at night or just only in the morning?
I have the same doubts !!!

Interviews are variable. Some are phone interviews some are Skype. Some dont even interview and offer spots. The one I got last year was just the pd phone call lasted 10ish mins. Like a hi hello let me tell u about our program cuz u prob dont know. Anyquestions. Etc.. But I heard some people got multiple calls from the same place. Can happen any time from morning to night ish. I dressed up just in case someone wanted to skype

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke with some friends and some friends of friends who didn’t match, honestly I’m flabbergasted in one or two cases. Seems like they did everything right. But they’ll be much stronger next year and the match will be all the sweeter.

Interviews are variable. Some are phone interviews some are Skype. Some dont even interview and offer spots. The one I got last year was just the pd phone call lasted 10ish mins. Like a hi hello let me tell u about our program cuz u prob dont know. Anyquestions. Etc.. But I heard some people got multiple calls from the same place. Can happen any time from morning to night ish. I dressed up just in case someone wanted to skype
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope I get the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.