This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people who have been going to interviews: has any program asked you to present a case? Or are you preparing a case, in case some program asks you to present?

Members don't see this ad.

To the people who have been going to interviews: has any program asked you to present a case? Or are you preparing a case, in case some program asks you to present?

I'm gonna tell them about a case that I saw from an episode of House.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
nevermind, wrong program,
yes Augusta University is diff. from Medical College of Georgia

Members don't see this ad :)
On interview broker
Just one date of 25 October is open

I am not sure how much you can make of interview dates opening up on interview broker. I am guessing invites go out in waves and they send out dates also accordingly. I don't know, more dates open up with each wave of invite? I could be wrong..

Reactions: 1 users
I am not sure how much you can make of interview dates opening up on interview broker. I am guessing invites go out in waves and they send out dates also accordingly. I don't know, more dates open up with each wave of invite? I could be wrong..
I think so

nevermind, wrong program,
yes Augusta University is diff. from Medical College of Georgia
no its not.

MCG went through a number of name changes in the last decade...MCG to Georgia health science university , then to Ga Regents University ( the community and the school never got along that well, but boy! this was the one thing that made everyone come together...the hatred for this name) and finally Augusta University.

there is an FM residency in Rome that comes under the MCG name, but there is only one IM program and its in Augusta.

I had one where I had to present a case and was bot prepared for it but was able to do it by presenting something which was memorable and meaningful to me

waitlisted at GW, +1 UPMC today. Probably going to cancel methodist dallas and uarizona

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
actually i was wrong...there is a AU/UGA collaboration that started in 2014...though the AU part is MCG in collaboration with UGA...interesting.

yep, I was surprised too when I checked myeras

AU/UG in Athens
and MCG in Augusta

I sent U buffalo a love letter today, ill let you know if they reply.
I'm a Canuck from East Canada so that's my main reason to go there.
Me too! Go Canucks!

Edit: got triggered too quick by the word "Canuck".

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys ... has anyone here interviewed at Mercy Hospital in Rockford already that would be willing to share their general experience? :)

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone gotten invites from Rutgers NJMS... The main program not the Trinitas one.

I feel as dumb as a sack of rocks for asking this question but here goes:

When you write LOIs to the PD, do you do them through regular email or ERAS?
If it is regular email, do you type it out in the body of the email or send the LOI as an MS - Word/PDF attachment

Thanks, lads. May we all match

I feel as dumb as a sack of rocks for asking this question but here goes:

When you write LOIs to the PD, do you do them through regular email or ERAS?
If it is regular email, do you type it out in the body of the email or send the LOI as an MS - Word/PDF attachment

Thanks, lads. May we all match
Dont worry, not a dumb question. I think a few other people in this thread had this question earlier, including myself. I've been sending them from regular e-mail and just typing it out in the body of the e-mail and attaching my CV

has anyone got there attending/letter writers to send emails recommending you?
I only asked the attending who wrote my research letter (I know him for a while), I thought it was too much to ask people who I knew for 2 weeks from clinical electives.....but if someone you know is very nice then definitely ask him/her.

Wow did not know this was a thing. Isn’t this usually phone calls to specific programs your attending knows well?
Well, it can be either a phone call or an e-mail....phone call is stronger for sure, but e-mail has the advantage of being saved and the PD will have your name with your AAMC ID in front of them to remember.
It really depends on how much your attendings want to help. They can do both e-mail and phone call lol.

Wow did not know this was a thing. Isn’t this usually phone calls to specific programs your attending knows well?
I didnt either but I asked 5 attendings and they all said yes.

They dont have to know the program, they are just putting in a word for you which goes a long way

I've heard of attendings calling/emailing their colleges/friends to recommend people for residency, but I didn't know they can reach out to people they don't know on your behalf, and how much weight that would hold if the PD doesn't know the person

I've heard of attendings calling/emailing their colleges/friends to recommend people for residency, but I didn't know they can reach out to people they don't know on your behalf, and how much weight that would hold if the PD doesn't know the person
Apparently a email from attending to PD vouching for you is still regarded a lot better than an LOI from yourself.

I mean kind of makes sense, USCE and lors are so important and they dont know the writers most the time. So an attending taking the time to reach out has to be somewhat significant.

I will let you know if it yields any results.

I didnt either but I asked 5 attendings and they all said yes.

They dont have to know the program, they are just putting in a word for you which goes a long way

i guess that's not a bad idea, anything helps, come to think of it, LOR's are a similar thing, this is like a stronger version of an LOR

anyone got SUNY downstate (brooklyn)?

Downstate vs Upstate any thoughts?

I have heard that upstate is a far better program, any else know anything?

anyone got SUNY downstate (brooklyn)?

Downstate vs Upstate any thoughts?

I have heard that upstate is a far better program, any else know anything?
I have not received an IV from any of them but, from what I've heard, Upstate is much better (but the location is not the best).

Any mom with young child in this thread? Let’s form a support group.

yes, you hear over and over again about Downstate's reputation of overworking their residents and being unfriendly, I don't know personally but that's whats usually echoed on the forums

Thanks for responses.

Downstate is a university program after all. Hopefully its not so bad that you would not consider ranking it.

For example my friend went to bronx-lebanon last year and said it was so bad she would rather go unmatched.

Downstate is a university program after all. Hopefully its not so bad that you would not consider ranking it.

For example my friend went to bronx-lebanon last year and said it was so bad she would rather go unmatched.[/QUOTE]

yes, anything is better than unmatched in my opinion, also the city is a big attraction off course, did you get an interview there yet?

I'm a young child a with a mom

yes, anything is better than unmatched in my opinion, also the city is a big attraction off course, did you get an interview there yet?
That is very true, I agree. Not yet but I have a couple connections I hope come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.