This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had their interview at Montefiore Wakefield? Can you share your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
guys any information about griffin hospital. How is the program at Griffin hospital?

Hi guys, has anyone interviewed at Cayuga Medical Center? Please hit me up if you have! Thanks.

Has anyone interviewed at DMC Sinai Grace or Healthquest? Please let me know if you have.

Reactions: 1 user
Any information on either Newark beth israel (Jersey city medical center) or coney island hospital? Thankyou!

I am curious about the probability of matching in Either IM or FM if someone has total 10 IVs (5 IM and 5 FM)? As per NRMP i think there are about 60% chance with 5 contiguous ranks for IM. What would be the aggregate probability for matching in Either of the two (IM or FM) with tota 10 IVs?

I'm wondering about this as well, have a total of four IV so far 3 IM and one FM. If I get 1 or 2 more by the end of the season, chances go up to about 60 percent?

Also, I'm planning on giving step 3 by the end of December. How much would this affect my ranking once i submit the score?

if 5 IM interviews is 60% chance and hypothetically 5 FM interviews is also 60% chance then;

chances of not matching into either = 4/10 x 4/10 = 0.16 = 16%
1 - 0.16 = 0.84 = 84% chance of matching into either FM or IM

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Some of you have already interviewed at places...seems it would be helpful for you to post info about the interview and he interview day.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center Program Internal Medicine acknowledgement

Reactions: 1 users
Medstar washington acknowledgment with strict instructions not to contact for them for updates

Reactions: 2 users
+ 1 IV Jersey Shore University Medical Center

I think they just started sending out invites, pretty much all dates still open.

Did you do anything for LoR's or PS? On their website the application criteria doesn't mention anything about the need to upload a personal statement or any LoRs... Sounds like my kind of program : )

What does that mean? Does that mean you are not rejected?

I got it too, they're just letting the applicants know that they have just started reviewing applications and will be done by November 30th and are probably tired of people emailing them about status updates that's why they are mentioning not to contact them, they will email you if you are selected basically

Called about 50 programs either positions filled or rejected. Zero interviews.
Merry Christmas.

+1 Maimonides!

Reactions: 11 users
Anyone heard from brown now known as Kent University

It's Brown Internal medicine/kent hospital program. It's a sponsorship, not a true affiliation. You will only do your endo month at rhode island hospital. Kent hospital is a 350 bed community hospital. The faculty on interview seemed great and the residents seemed truly happy. Their fellowship match is decent and I was honestly impressed with the positive vibes on interview day.

any idea if they have spots lefts?
Sorry, no idea.

Rejection from United Health Services Hospital and Suny Upstate after LOI. :(

Has anyone actually received a rejection from Medstar Washington Hospital Center? Or has anyone applied to that program but not received the Acknowledgement email today?

I'm asking because I don't know if I should continue to hope for an interview (like if they don't send rejections, then how would we know?)

Suppose I matched to Pathology program, can I switch or transfer to IM within first year? Did you know anyone did that and what the requirments?

Suppose I matched to Pathology program, can I switch or transfer to IM within first year? Did you know anyone did that and what the requirments?
You would have to re apply the following year and now you would have to get a letter in good standing from the pd of the pathology program that you are abandoning.

You would have to re apply the following year and now you would have to get a letter in good standing from the pd of the pathology program that you are abandoning.
Do you mean transfer or whole new residency application?

Status
Not open for further replies.