This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
22x
22x
Cs pass
23x

Need visa
2014 yog
2 us lors
Applied to only 100 programs though

I got so much heat from some people for telling you the reality of the situation and to prepare a backup plan for next year. There are several issues with your application that need some serious addressing.

1. Below average step scores
2. YOG
3. Only 2 US LORs
4. Visa Status
5. Only applying to 100 programs

This is what happens when you have people giving false hope and not helping others to have a complete application to match. Please STOP giving false assurances to people without helping them address their deficiencies in their application. You are NOT helping them by doing this.

@Applicant019 You can't change your step scores, YOG, and visa status (unless you get married to a citizen within the year) but here's what you CAN and need to do for next cycle:

1. Get the 2 more US LORs
2. Get research and get published ( I offered you to PM me but you never did)
3. Applying to over 200+ programs

There are so many applicants who have the above 3 done with complete applications that are getting these interviews instead of you. You have already worked so hard up until now and I'm sure you can easily take the year to work on the above 3.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's Monday! Time to wait for "You have received a secure message from ERAS-PDWS".

Reactions: 10 users
I got so much heat from some people for telling you the reality of the situation and to prepare a backup plan for next year. There are several issues with your application that need some serious addressing.

1. Below average step scores
2. YOG
3. Only 2 US LORs
4. Visa Status
5. Only applying to 100 programs

This is what happens when you have people giving false hope and not helping others to have a complete application to match. Please STOP giving false assurances to people without helping them address their deficiencies in their application. You are NOT helping them by doing this.

@Applicant019 You can't change your step scores, YOG, and visa status (unless you get married to a citizen within the year) but here's what you CAN and need to do for next cycle:

1. Get the 2 more US LORs
2. Get research and get published ( I offered you to PM me but you never did)
3. Applying to over 200+ programs

There are so many applicants who have the above 3 done with complete applications that are getting these interviews instead of you. You have already worked so hard up until now and I'm sure you can easily take the year to work on the above 3.

Good luck.

well.. to be fair it's hard to find 200 IM programs that fit the specific criteria (sponsor visa, lenient YOG cutoff, specific score cutoff's at 220+ or less (which is majority but some have 230+ 240+ etc) it's hard to find enough IM programs that match your requirements, would it be better to go for them anyways and take a chance? maybe calling the PC from each program before the app season and asking how strict their cut-offs are?
I had a hard time myself finding enough IM programs I applied to 165 and I am a recent medical grad who need visa.. granted I left out the really competitive programs where I was sure I didn't have a chance at.
off course the other option is to apply to IM + FM to increase your numbers
also I think doing research or observerships at residency hospitals may be a good way to build connections

Reactions: 2 users
11th iv at SAINT PETERS/ RUTGERS ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON, NEW BRUNSWICK , NJ

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 IV Montefiore/Albert Einstein (Moses and Weiler) PC/SIM track!

Reactions: 9 users
After this process, waves are a myth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Can the work permit given before the green card interview be used to start residency ?

It is completely program dependent. Most programs are willing to hire you on an EAD. But just because it's legal to do so, programs can decide for themselves what is acceptable. Programs might decline to hire you on an EAD because they are not permanent and will be revoked if something goes wrong with your GC (although this is very unlikely)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Do you need a VISA? and what are you credentials please. thanks
I have already posted it in the start. However I will repeat it for everyone .
Non us img ( need visa)
2018 grad
240+/250+/225+/ pass first attempt
3m usce
No research/volunteer

Anything today?
Nothing for me.
IMG - need visa
Graduated 2016 - research experience after graduation
3 months of observerships this year
2 pubs (1 case report)
Step 1/CK/CS: 245/262/passed 1st attempt
Applied to 130ish programs: university programs and university-affiliated community programs
14 interviews, most of the invites sent in sept-oct
Last invite was Oct 31st

Reactions: 1 user
+1 las palmas del sol (community program)

Reactions: 6 users
How do you guys actually be a part of a conversation among a bunch of students who are just talking about their school or common friends they might know?

Reactions: 1 user
So eh....just bringing this up cuz it's funny, Wake Forest rejected me 1 month ago....then today they sent me another "Rejection Letter-Wake Forest University SOM". Guess they really really REALLY hated me.

So eh....just bringing this up cuz it's funny, Wake Forest rejected me 1 month ago....then today they sent me another "Rejection Letter-Wake Forest University SOM". Guess they really really REALLY hated me.

that's exactly what Kennestone Regional did to me, waiting for my 3rd one..

+1 St. Elizabeth Mercy (Youngstown, OH) - with lots of dates open Jan. til Feb
+1 Los Palmas Del Sol (El Paso, TX) - sent dates to choose from in Dec. and Jan.
+1 White River Health System (Batesville, AR) - lots of open dates til Feb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
that's exactly what Kennestone Regional did to me, waiting for my 3rd one..
Haven't even got a rejection from Kennestone Regional, AND I sent them an LOI 3 weeks ago. Hated me so much they just didn't even bother sending me a rejection, just no response

Status
Not open for further replies.