May 31, 2018
How is doximity for creating ROLs based on fellowship match rates? From the information I have available, all my top choices have similar match rates for the fellowship I want to apply to (which is my main criteria for creating my ROL) so I am using geographical location for my tie breaker, but I just want to be sure that this wont affect my fellowship chances in the future.

Reactions: Jman26
About the Ads
Sep 30, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Would you accept a prematch from Jamaica hospital? Why or why not? I’m so confused.
I think we would all need to know more about the overall situation to give solid advice.
eg. do you have 10+ total interviews or more like 3? Is being in NYC a priority for you or your family? etc.

I think the senior members will jump in with some good insight if you could just clarify your situation a bit more.
General consensus though is if you have 10-15 interviews, you should probably decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drlurker

batmanisreal88

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2017
Status
MD/PhD Student
Interview Season Has Closed - Northeast Georgia Medical Center Program Internal Medicine

Sep 24, 2019
Has anyone interviewed at St. Joseph's Mercy Oakland - Pontiac, Michigan? Can anyone give more information about the IV day and the group IV and how it went please? Would really appreciate it, thank you!

Mar 14, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Guys...i hve an upcoming interview at Brookdale (conrads program)
And im not sure if i should spend the money to go to nyc and attend it..

Hows this program? And is it worth a shot??
I went there, and I had very strong vibe he already pick strong candidate he wants to personally talk with.
and this is quote from PD Conrad " I don't read personal statement or MSPE, they all saying only the nicest thing about you if you have something special please tell us, I am not gonna interview with all of you it is not fair who get big shot and others are not, we already know your score"
= so fact is he dosn't read MSPE, personal statement, he will not interview each one of you yet, he will talk with the very special in his mind, whatever the reason, if you are in his special list, he will talks with you in the hallway. and offer prematch deal on the same day...
they have so disrespectful ****ty way to treat other candidate who come to IV, they told to some of their special candidate( only one who picked before and spoke in hallway with PD), please wait we have missing ERAS data from your records, and all others can go they offer prematch deal on spot.
this is so disrespectful to other candidates who put time and effort to come to your program. if you have already have someone in mind, and not even gonna put effort to know other candidates ( ex not reading their PS, MSPE, CV,,, iV session was so superficia questions, me and other 4 candidates felt the interviewer just want to kill times , hoping just over with )
if you have more than 10 IV don't go,
the hospital it self is total mess, and the location is the worst, it is Ghettoishiest place ever! all the residents and faculties talking about is how difficult to deal with their patients.. they seemed so over with patients, not caring....

Mar 14, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Would you accept a prematch from Jamaica hospital? Why or why not? I’m so confused.
This questions is so broad.
It depends on your situation! How many IV you have, Do you have good chance to match? Do you even like the program?
so broad.... seriously. you will know the best for yourself

Reactions: Usmle mania
Jun 13, 2018
If you have 10+ interviews?
This questions is so broad.
It depends on your situation! How many IV you have, Do you have good chance to match? Do you even like the program?
so broad.... seriously. you will know the best for yourself
Yeah sorry, I just panicked and posted that. I’ve rejected the offer. I’m going to try my luck in other places. I guess 10+ interviews should be enough. Thanks for replying though.
Have you or anyone you know interviewed at Bronx care? I have an iv and I’m thinking of canceling it. Is it worth going there?

Oct 4, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Really nice group of people. You’ll have three interviews
Their questions revolve on difficult scenarios: with team member, with staff, patients, etc...
It also depends on who you get because there’s a couple of other faculty you’ll interview with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

About the Ads
Oct 28, 2019
Status
Post Doc
20+ Mount Sinai Elmhurst IM. Got it today at 7pm ET, 2nd iv in Jan!
Any thoughts on the program ? Especially compared to Health Quest, Coney Island, Lincoln, Flushing, Richmond Univ med ctr ?

Reactions: Bobbbyyyy

rhomboid

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2016
Status
Post Doc
Had an IV in a program which I got through a connection. The PD openly told me that they have many other better candidates than me and was kind of telling me that he won’t rank me high and hoped I match into a place which fit my goals. Do you guys still think I should rank this program?
Does it hurt you to rank that program? Sometimes programs overestimate themselves, inviting candidates well above their reach, and end up very low in their list. Unless you have other concerns about this program, I don't see a reason that you should not rank it.

Sep 24, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
Does it hurt you to rank that program? Sometimes programs overestimate themselves, inviting candidates well above their reach, and end up very low in their list. Unless you have other concerns about this program, I don't see a reason that you should not rank it.
The program is one I really liked. But as you said if they did overestimate and end up low in the list and I end up matching there, I’m just wondering whether I should be in a program which doesn’t actually think my profile is good for them.

rokshana

15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Had an IV in a program which I got through a connection. The PD openly told me that they have many other better candidates than me and was kind of telling me that he won’t rank me high and hoped I match into a place which fit my goals. Do you guys still think I should rank this program?
If you want to be there, rank it...you would hate yourself if you didn’t rank a place and end up not matching...the only programs you should not rank are those that you would rather SOAP or repeat the match the following year than be at that program.

Sep 24, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
If you want to be there, rank it...you would hate yourself if you didn’t rank a place and end up not matching...the only programs you should not rank are those that you would rather SOAP or repeat the match the following year than be at that program.
Thank you for your opinion! Guess I’ll rank them anyway.

Sep 24, 2019
Status
Medical Student
The program is one I really liked. But as you said if they did overestimate and end up low in the list and I end up matching there, I’m just wondering whether I should be in a program which doesn’t actually think my profile is good for them.
There is nothing to loose by ranking the program. If I like a program even if they openly tell me I am the worst candidate not worthy of their program, I will just rank them. Worst case scenario, they wont rank you, best case they rank you at the bottom and you match and may get a chance to prove yourself that you are not that bad of a candidate. If you believe you are not gonna be happy matching there then don't rank. But make sure you understand we are not in a position where pride comes before opportunity.

Sep 24, 2019
Status
Medical Student
finished with interviews, now I don't know what to do with my life
In the same situation as you except I have step 3 to keep me busy for the next few 4 weeks. You should take some well deserved break. I am hoping for the best for all of us that we match this year. I am also realist and there's a chance that things may not go the way I want them to. I will prepare for that by actively finding a way to improve my application for the next cycle. If I have a good plan B and end up matching, all good. If not I am working on solid plan B (Take step 3 and do research) may be audition rotations in programs that encourage it.
Anxiety is rough but it is what it is! Regardless of what we are working on we all earned to the right live just a little happier for the next few weeks. Do things you enjoy (besides medicine). I will take sometime to comb my hair apply some oil on my beard!1579016821189.png

About the Ads

batmanisreal88

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2017
Status
MD/PhD Student
Letter of Regret - University of South Alabama Program Internal Medicine

Oct 4, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has anyone interviewed at Long Island Jewish, Forest Hills NY? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

OnesteptogoisA

US IMG, 253, 230, CS Pass, 2011 Grad, 4 y USCE
Oct 25, 2019
Which one would you rank first?
University of Missouri, Kansas City or Mount Auburn, Harvard affiliate? Thanks!

ark1990

Non- US IMG 245+/ 240+/ 1st attempt/ 226
Oct 5, 2018
New York
Status
Non-Student
Can anyone share IV experience at UPMC Pinnacle? General thoughts on the program?
Good program and great attendings
Great experience and very positive thoughts about the program but fellowship matching is below average. No GI matches.

Reactions: Doc-Res

Match2020_IM

Mike-o-plasma
Feb 9, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Which one would you rank first?
University of Missouri, Kansas City or Mount Auburn, Harvard affiliate? Thanks!
UMKC without a doubt. Very strong academic oriented University program.
Mount Auburn is affiliated to Harvard, yes. But is still a small community program, with limited research resources and assurances of fellowship.
But again, depends what you're looking for.

Reactions: OnesteptogoisA
May 31, 2018
Hi guys. I hope everyone has had a great interview season! I would like to ask for some advice regarding my choices for ROL. My main objective is to pursue a fellowship in cardiology. I am having a hard time chosing my first picks as Doximity fellowship rates are similar for most of the options I have so I would appreciate some input!

1. Bridgeport Hospital/Yale - Really enjoyed the feeling of the program, I like the idea of being able to rotate at Yale New Haven hospital, the attendings all felt really knowledgeable and I felt like I could learn a lot here. Has in house cardiology fellowship.
2. Cook County Hospital - I really liked Chicago, I love the weather. I felt that there is a good population and exposure to several disorders. The attendings also felt really capable. In house cardiology fellowship and amazing cardiology match rates.
3. Rutgers New Jersey - Suburban area is really nice, it is an university program. Chief of Medicine is a researcher in the area I'm interested in Cardiology. Not sure about match rate for cardiology, overall seems like a good choice, a bit lower because of location.
4. University of Miami/Jackson Memorial - Seems like a strong program, I was very impressed by the resources available. Has in house cardiology fellowship with a good intake of in house applicants. Not really a fan of the Florida weather, so a bit down in the list.

As I mentioned, my main focus is in fellowship opportunities in cardiovascular medicine after residency, so that's the main moving point for me. From my understanding J1 is better than H1b for fellowship, so I am going for J1 and thus, visa is not an issue for selecting the programs.

I appreciate your help!

Sep 24, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Has anyone interviewed at Long Island Jewish, Forest Hills NY? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Real nice casual conversation about CV, typical IV questions, no medical questions. Not everyone interviews with PD. I interviewed with associate PD and a faculty.

Oct 1, 2019
Hi guys. I hope everyone has had a great interview season! I would like to ask for some advice regarding my choices for ROL. My main objective is to pursue a fellowship in cardiology. I am having a hard time chosing my first picks as Doximity fellowship rates are similar for most of the options I have so I would appreciate some input!

1. Bridgeport Hospital/Yale - Really enjoyed the feeling of the program, I like the idea of being able to rotate at Yale New Haven hospital, the attendings all felt really knowledgeable and I felt like I could learn a lot here. Has in house cardiology fellowship.
2. Cook County Hospital - I really liked Chicago, I love the weather. I felt that there is a good population and exposure to several disorders. The attendings also felt really capable. In house cardiology fellowship and amazing cardiology match rates.
3. Rutgers New Jersey - Suburban area is really nice, it is an university program. Chief of Medicine is a researcher in the area I'm interested in Cardiology. Not sure about match rate for cardiology, overall seems like a good choice, a bit lower because of location.
4. University of Miami/Jackson Memorial - Seems like a strong program, I was very impressed by the resources available. Has in house cardiology fellowship with a good intake of in house applicants. Not really a fan of the Florida weather, so a bit down in the list.

As I mentioned, my main focus is in fellowship opportunities in cardiovascular medicine after residency, so that's the main moving point for me. From my understanding J1 is better than H1b for fellowship, so I am going for J1 and thus, visa is not an issue for selecting the programs.

I appreciate your help!
RNJ>UMiami>CC>Bridgeport. That's what I would put in terms of cards placement. But location for me is also super important and quite frankly RNJ is located in Newark (yikes!). So RNJ and UMiami would kinda be interchangeable for me personally

About the Ads

rokshana

15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician

I appreciate your help!
If fellowship opportunity is the top on your list, then your order makes no sense...it seems to be based
more on location.

UM/CC
Rutgers
Bridgeport

batmanisreal88

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2017
Status
MD/PhD Student
Eastern Virginia Medical School Program Internal Medicine -- Rejection

May 31, 2018
If fellowship opportunity is the top on your list, then your order makes no sense...it seems to be based
more on location.

UM/CC
Rutgers
Bridgeport
As I mentioned in a post earlier on, I used the doximity tool to come up with this order, but the rates were quite similar, so I went on location after that.
I appreciate your feedback! It feels like a shot in the dark as this kind of information is hard to come by and it pretty much will define my career in the future.

Thank you!

Oct 13, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
Hello guys.
I'm getting mixed opinions about the rank list.
Is it true that I should rank first the program I know almost for sure (interview experience, post-interview communication, second look visit) that I'll get in or can I use it as a "safety net" and rank other programs that I like more?
At the end I'll still end up matching, right? All I need is one program to rank me high enough to match.
Some people tell me that I shouldn't take a risk and rank that program first. What is the truth?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician

I appreciate your help!
Which Rutgers program (They're all in NJ)? NJMS in Newark? or RWJ in New Brunswick.

If RWJ, it should be #1. Then Miami, then whatever. If it's NJMS, flip a coin for it and Miami in the 1/2 spots, then...whatever.

May 31, 2018
Which Rutgers program (They're all in NJ)? NJMS in Newark? or RWJ in New Brunswick.

If RWJ, it should be #1. Then Miami, then whatever. If it's NJMS, flip a coin for it and Miami in the 1/2 spots, then...whatever.
Thank you gutonc! Yes, it’s the Newark program.

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Post Doc
HELP NEEDED ASAP! TIA!
Richmond University Medical Center, NY IM program doesn’t allow me and another applicant to swab our interview dates. Has anyone had similar issues? What should I do ? If I go to the interview that day, I’ll lose my research job, since I have a manuscript due coming up soon!

Sep 17, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Anybody here interviewed at Prince George in Maryland?

Dec 22, 2019
Hello guys.
I'm getting mixed opinions about the rank list.
Is it true that I should rank first the program I know almost for sure (interview experience, post-interview communication, second look visit) that I'll get in or can I use it as a "safety net" and rank other programs that I like more?
At the end I'll still end up matching, right? All I need is one program to rank me high enough to match.
Some people tell me that I shouldn't take a risk and rank that program first. What is the truth?
If you watch the videos on the nrmp site, it says you lose absolutely nothing from ranking programs you want first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redskybluerose

2+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2016
Status
Medical Student
case western metrohealth vs. university of new mexico? fellowship GI in future, visa needed, prefered H1

Jun 13, 2018
Any thoughts on University of Nevada,Reno IM program? Is it a uni program or uni-afflicted? Hows the area/city? How is in terms of a fellowship placement afterwards? Any remarks will be appreciated. Thank you!

Sep 22, 2019
Hey everyone! I'd love to hear your opinions on the ranking on the following 3 programs:

Uconn - great atmosphere and fellowship opportunities, but downside is no H1b visa.

Bridgeport Yale - smaller community program, but opportunities to do electives at Yale.

Lankenau main health - also small community program, but great leadership and atmosphere. Surprisingly good fellowship matches.

If it makes any difference, the fellowship I'm interested in is not competitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobbbyyyy
About the Ads