About the Ads
OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Does anything show on the email before we open the whole thing?
I think the email just sends a link to NRMP, it's not till you log into NRMP that it reveals the match result

EDIT: Sorry! I was wrong! The email told us directly whether we matched or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Potter2394
About the Ads
About the Ads
About the Ads
OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Guys I have matched! (in IM or FM) Thank you everyone for all the support over this past stressful of a year. Congratulations to those who've matched, you've worked hard and overcome the hardships that come with trying to match as an IMG.
To those who had an unsuccessful match, as a reapplicant myself, I know it sucks. Don't give up. Try to SOAP. If SOAP doesn't work, start early and get your application ready for the next cycle. Apply to multiple specialties. I know this effin match process is long as hell, my life has been in limbo for so long, but things work out eventually. Good luck!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Guys, thankfully i have matched!! Congratulation to all of you as well.

Question regarding the statement of need for canadians, one of the requirements is to send with the application proof from the nrmp that you matched. Does it suffice to send what we have right now? Or do we have to wait for friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Guys I have matched! Thank you everyone for all the support over this past stressful of a year. Congratulations to those who've matched, you've worked hard and overcome the hardships that come with trying to match as an IMG.
To those who had an unsuccessful match, as a reapplicant myself, I know it sucks. Don't give up. Try to SOAP. If SOAP doesn't work, start early and get you application ready for the next cycle. I know this effin match process is long af, my life has been in limbo for so long, but thinks work out eventually. Good luck!
The post we were all waiting for! I think we can all say we’re super hyped for you, congrats brother!!

Sep 22, 2019
Guys I have matched! Thank you everyone for all the support over this past stressful of a year. Congratulations to those who've matched, you've worked hard and overcome the hardships that come with trying to match as an IMG.
To those who had an unsuccessful match, as a reapplicant myself, I know it sucks. Don't give up. Try to SOAP. If SOAP doesn't work, start early and get you application ready for the next cycle. I know this effin match process is long af, my life has been in limbo for so long, but thinks work out eventually. Good luck!
So happy for you!!!!! Congratulations!

Sep 22, 2019
Guys, thankfully i have matched!! Congratulation to all of you as well.

Question regarding the statement of need for canadians, one of the requirements is to send with the application proof from the nrmp that you matched. Does it suffice to send what we have right now? Or do we have to wait for friday?

I'm Canadian as well. I would love anyone else's input on this, but as far as I know, you have to wait until you have official confirmation/a contract from the program where you matched (so Friday at earliest). Anyways, there is no need to stress about doing it immediately this year, as the cap has been lifted off the # of SONs given out by health Canada, so you will not be rejected (like in the past years). Just wait those few days until you get all the info from your program, and it will be fine.

Apr 16, 2019
Status
Medical Student
I'm Canadian as well. I would love anyone else's input on this, but as far as I know, you have to wait until you have official confirmation/a contract from the program where you matched (so Friday at earliest). Anyways, there is no need to stress about doing it immediately this year, as the cap has been lifted off the # of SONs given out by health Canada, so you will not be rejected (like in the past years). Just wait those few days until you get all the info from your program, and it will be fine.
Thanks buddy, congratulations!!!

Mar 17, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
Bobbyyyy congrats!!! I was rooting for you all this time! you deserve it!

Dec 2, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Caribbean Student. Failed step 1. Retake 205
My wife step 1, 199.

Step 2 248 and 245. . If I had asked for any advice on what to do from this site a year ago, people would say quit you wont get it, youre an IMG its mission impossible.

We matched, if we can do it with our history, literally anybody can

About the Ads