Mar 22, 2019
Status
Post Doc
One quick question:
Do I get any reply, invitation or rejection, before the end of this cycle?
Let's say I have applied to 100 programs and get N invitations, then do I get 100-N rejection mails?
Or do some programs never get back to you in any way?
Just wondering if I have to buy additional storage for my 'rejection' account lol.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019
Status
Non-Student
One quick question:
Let's say I have applied to 100 programs and get N invitations, then do I get 100-N rejection mails?
Just wondering if I have to buy additional storage for my 'rejection' account lol.
Most don't say a thing... I take rejections as a positive thing (compared to nothing), worst case means that they at least saw your email and had to copy and paste lol .. Best case you actually had a chance (because they saw your app and compared it. kind of a good enough to be seen). Anyone with more experience please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: MrsPunjab
Sep 27, 2019
One quick question:
I called a few progs and they said if you are rejected you wont hear from us at all

Reactions: EcuMD69
Sep 18, 2019
Status
Medical Student
One quick question:
Based on other people’s experience in various specialties most programs who reject you do it by ghosting you until the season is over. Some will send mass rejection emails after they are done IVs. I’m sure many avoid outright rejections so they can hold onto apps in case they need more people later in the season.

Reactions: MothIntoFlame
Jul 15, 2018
Non-US IMG here.
Step 1: 25x
Step 2: 25x
CS: 1st pass
YOG: 2017
No pubs.

Calls so far:-
1. Bronxcare
2. Canton Medical education foundation
3. Lincoln
4. CMU Saginaw
5. Westchester Medical Center
6. Rochester unity hospital
7. Charlestion WVU
8. St. Mary's Waterbury.
Congrats.. Can I ask How many of these are from Connections? Just want to know what are we people missing? Thanks

EcuMD69

MD / Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Mar 13, 2018
Status
Post Doc
Is it specifically for NON US IMG ?
Yes, only for non-us IMG from Latin America. That sucks, I went twice to Harrington Program, did three rotations there, have contacts, and have a LOR from there as well but I haven't heard anything :(

Sep 19, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Yes, only for non-us IMG from Latin America. That sucks, I went twice to Harrington Program, did three rotations there, have contacts, and have a LOR from there as well but I haven't heard anything :(
You should reach out and state that in a LOI !

Reactions: dikoza
Sep 24, 2019
Hello everyone.
Need your sincere advise guys. Really depressed. I haven't got a single iv yet
My credentials 226, 233, 206- no attempts, green card, USCE 20months, yog 2013, no gap in CV
Research experience 15 months with 9 publications in the US journals. Anyone in the same boat. Highly appreciate your input. Thank you
Not in the same boat but I understand your worry. I have a low step 1 but great medical school performance, good step CK, Cs pass in first attempt and 10 publications. YOG 2018.
Different reasons but same feelings. We will have to wait. We are low on the list and hence just be patient and keep praying. Have faith.

Oct 9, 2019
Not in the same boat but I understand your worry. I have a low step 1 but great medical school performance, good step CK, Cs pass in first attempt and 10 publications. YOG 2018.
Different reasons but same feelings. We will have to wait. We are low on the list and hence just be patient and keep praying. Have faith.
Thank you. I hope so. It’s frustrating.

Sep 19, 2019
Status
Medical Student
+10 Health Quest
Don’t let ourselves loose hope just because someone else received an interview . I’m saying this because I received the invite from health quest last Thursday , Anyways Congrats !!

Oct 7, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Incase of J1 visa, who will sponsor it? ECFMG or Program? I need visa. but I noticed almost all program sponsor visa(j1 ). so If we don't have GC/citizen/EAD ,that isn't going to affect for match .right? because anyhow we could get j1 from program. This is my first time so may be I am wrong. I think GC/citizenship/EAD are not important than scores/YOG.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Incase of J1 visa, who will sponsor it? ECFMG or Program? I need visa. but I noticed almost all program sponsor visa(j1 ). so If we don't have GC/citizen/EAD ,that isn't going to affect for match .right? because anyhow we could get j1 from program. This is my first time so may be I am wrong. I think GC/citizenship/EAD are not important than scores/YOG.
Well, you're thinking wrong.
This further in the game you should be aware about at least some of the visa rules. J1s are sponsored by the ECFMG.

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Just because they sponsor it/accept it thru ECFMG, doesn't mean that they don't see it as a hassle to hire a visa requiring candidate, sometimes candidates can't start in July and are delayed because of Visa issues. Not requiring visa as a candidate is a big advantage. Also, it's difficult to compare a US-IMG with lower scores vs. Non-US IMG with higher scores, it really varies program to program, some programs will pick the 240+ Non-US IMG candidate over the 220+ US IMG candidate, and some programs will pick the 220+ US IMG over the 240+ Non-US IMG, each program has its own preference.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018
Status
Medical Student
FREIDA sucks in some aspects. It should read "Does the program ACCEPT J1 visa?" instead of "SPONSOR". I believe this might be your source of confusion.

Ogbuefi

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2015
Hello everyone.
Need your sincere advise guys. Really depressed. I haven't got a single iv yet
My credentials 226, 233, 206- no attempts, green card, USCE 20months, yog 2013, no gap in CV
Research experience 15 months with 9 publications in the US journals. Anyone in the same boat. Highly appreciate your input. Thank you
Keep your chin up. I'm in a similar boat ( Old grad with CS attempt and CV gaps). Still waiting for my first IV in IM. We aren't exactly prime pickings for programs yet, from past cycles, I've learnt only approx 30% of IVs have been sent by this time. I spoke with a pc yesterday and she said the committee is still reviewing apps. My only advice is to reach out to programs and indicate interest. I don't know if there's a wisdom to putting in more apps now.

Thankfully, I've gotten some IVs in my backup specialties (peds/fm). Better any specialty than no doctor.

I'm rooting for us all, particularly my compadres from the 2019 thread

Oct 7, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Just because they sponsor it/accept it thru ECFMG, doesn't mean that they don't see it as a hassle to hire a visa requiring candidate, sometimes candidates can't start in July and are delayed because of Visa issues. Not requiring visa as a candidate is a big advantage. Also, it's difficult to compare a US-IMG with lower scores vs. Non-US IMG with higher scores, it really varies program to program, some programs will pick the 240+ Non-US IMG candidate over the 220+ US IMG candidate, and some programs will pick the 220+ US IMG over the 240+ Non-US IMG, each program has its own preference.
Thank you

Sep 24, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
Hey Guys what do think about interviews we get through contacts from programs you know are way above your league. Do you think it’s worth spending all the money for travel and accommodation ?

rokshana

15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
You are ever so wrong.

Mar 1, 2018
Status
Non-Student
I know we are 32 pages late to start this format, but we can try it at least; this will decrease anxiety and unnecessary speculation for all of us. Just listing under the appropriate state and the date of invitation.

Best wishes to everyone!!

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut

UConn 10/4
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois