IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sigh of relief... I wish I could kiss you right now!
I asked MBC directly this year, so my information should be correct and accurate :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Medical questions...that’s always a red flag.
Can you elaborate on the reason why that is? I am curious because at one interview we were given three sheets of paper to answer medical scenarios in detail and afterwards we were further questioned and examined on them by one of the interviewers. Needless to say, it wasn’t the best interview experience, I left slightly shell shocked...btw, any Lincoln interview experiences would also be highly appreciated, thanks.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you elaborate on the reason why that is? I am curious because at one interview we were given three sheets of paper to answer medical scenarios in detail and afterwards we were further questioned and examined on them by one of the interviewers. Needless to say, it wasn’t the best interview experience, I left slightly shell shocked...btw, any Lincoln interview experiences would also be highly appreciated, thanks.
Lincoln was a chill interview. One with either the PD or one of the associates. The PD (interviewed me) has a very serious look but he’s a nice guy so don’t get thrown off. Just asked what I know about lincoln, my weaknesses, and to tell him something not in my CV. After that you meet the chief which was more like a hangout than an interview. The location of the hospital sucks and obviously there’s a lot of patients as it is a safety net but the residents and faculty seemed nice. Apart from Cardiology their residents are successful in getting fellowships in decent places.

Oklahoma university rejection

Lincoln was a chill interview. One with either the PD or one of the associates. The PD (interviewed me) has a very serious look but he’s a nice guy so don’t get thrown off. Just asked what I know about lincoln, my weaknesses, and to tell him something not in my CV. After that you meet the chief which was more like a hangout than an interview. The location of the hospital sucks and obviously there’s a lot of patients as it is a safety net but the residents and faculty seemed nice. Apart from Cardiology their residents are successful in getting fellowships in decent places.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Wow that’s crazy. That screams DNR

Wow that’s crazy. That screams DNR
They told us that previous interviewees had requested this format on the end of day evaluation so that’s why they had them added...the entire hour and a half as I was writing, I was thinking, if I get my hands on this person, he better run for his life...later, the “examiner” said, you understand, we have a lot of work here and want to make sure our residents have basic medical knowledge because we can’t help anyone who is struggling... I was like, well, that’s a three thousand bucks waisted on the USMLEs, I thought that’s what those were for...I didn’t know what to think at the end and was mad because it was the only program I had in my region.

• Wow
They told us that previous interviewees had requested this format on the end of day evaluation so that’s why they had them added...the entire hour and a half as I was writing, I was thinking, if I get my hands on this person, he better run for his life...later, the “examiner” said, you understand, we have a lot of work here and want to make sure our residents have basic medical knowledge because we can’t help anyone who is struggling... I was like, well, that’s a three thousand bucks waisted on the USMLEs, I thought that’s what those were for...I didn’t know what to think at the end and was mad because it was the only program I had in my region.

That´s ridiculous...

Not every program has a CCU so it will vary. I did 3 months ICU and 1 month CCU (which included cards floor) as an intern. 4 total weeks of critical care as an intern sounds like a recipe for disaster as a senior on the unit.

that's what I was thinking! hey it's a fairly new program, I'm sure they will learn and make those changes as time goes on.

Anyone interviewed at Coney Island hospital please? Kindly share your experience, Thank You.

Has anyone interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (Bronx)? I would appreciate any info, the place is like a black box at this point.
Icahn School of Medicine at Sinai Bronx. It really should be called The Bronx VA/ North Central bronx Hospital program. Cos those are the places the residents do all of their rotations. They used to be outside the MATCH but it's their first year going through the MATCH.

hey i was also looking to get an iv as our profiles are similar too. do u know if u were waitlisted there ? or did you send a LOI ? thanks hopefully they send me one too

Hey!
so I didn’t get any waitlist notification from them and I didn’t send them an LOI either.
I did have plans to because I recently got an LoR added to my application, but I guess I don’t need to anymore.

When I got my invite, they had around 7-8 spots available,two in November, 2 in December and around 4 in Jan if I remember correctly. so this is their second round right now, rest all was taken.
Hopefully you’ll get one of those spots

Members don't see this ad :)
Icahn School of Medicine at Sinai Bronx. It really should be called The Bronx VA/ North Central bronx Hospital program. Cos those are the places the residents do all of their rotations. They used to be outside the MATCH but it's their first year going through the MATCH.
Thanks, have you interviewed there?

Hi everyone,
Howz UPMC pinnacle IM program?
Any insight about how the interview day is like and what kind of questions they ask?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah the translation here is that the program intends to use the residents as free labor prob for the private attendings and doesn’t intend to actually educate them. This sounds like a very very bad place and should be avoided unless you are desperate to match somewhere. It speaks also to inexperience on part of whoever runs the residency, because the likelihood that applicants requested that format is near zero - that’s probably a bald faced lie.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone,
Howz UPMC pinnacle IM program?
Any insight about how the interview day is like and what kind of questions they ask?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
be prepred to ask a lot of questions
other questions why nedicine, why this program, who are you. tell me abiut yourself

Thanks, have you interviewed there?
good program. mostly imgs, huge hospital, asked few medical questions. prepare an interesting case to tell jn interview. Basically reviewed ur application with you.

Has anyone interviewed at Mount Auburn in MA? I would appreciate any interview day insights. Thanks!

Hey!
so I didn’t get any waitlist notification from them and I didn’t send them an LOI either.
I did have plans to because I recently got an LoR added to my application, but I guess I don’t need to anymore.

When I got my invite, they had around 7-8 spots available,two in November, 2 in December and around 4 in Jan if I remember correctly. so this is their second round right now, rest all was taken.
Hopefully you’ll get one of those spots
thank you so much!! ive sent them an email like last week but nothing yet! i feel like i can have some hope but this waiting anxiety never ends !

Has anyone interviewed at Mount Auburn in MA? I would appreciate any interview day insights. Thanks!
Enjoyed my IV therem 2 IV one with APD one with Faculty Dr. Both 30 mins each. Very chill and relaxed asked about interesting stuff from my CV. Bout my current research bout an old one that was on a slightly uncommon topic. Asked bout my leadership and volunteer experiences i wrote a few interesting ones. So it felt like they took time in reviewing applications and came up with interesting topics to talk on. Then talked bout boston and the place around hospital in general. Seemed relaxed. Talked bout my hobbies and how I could work on those in the city. 2nd IVer had lots of friends from my university back home. So we ended up talking a bit about medical schools back home. So all in all conversational IV they just want to see you can speak well and hold a conversation properly. So relax and enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys,

I wrongly applied to a program which doesn’t sponsor visa and they sent me an invite. Has anyone had similar experience? Do you think I should schedule a date( they have only 2 dates left) or I should wait until Monday and clarify before I do anything.

Hey guys,

I wrongly applied to a program which doesn’t sponsor visa and they sent me an invite. Has anyone had similar experience? Do you think I should schedule a date( they have only 2 dates left) or I should wait until Monday and clarify before I do anything.

why not schedule a date just to be safe, talk to them on monday, then you can cancel it after.
hopefully they sponsor!

Enjoyed my IV therem 2 IV one with APD one with Faculty Dr. Both 30 mins each. Very chill and relaxed asked about interesting stuff from my CV. Bout my current research bout an old one that was on a slightly uncommon topic. Asked bout my leadership and volunteer experiences i wrote a few interesting ones. So it felt like they took time in reviewing applications and came up with interesting topics to talk on. Then talked bout boston and the place around hospital in general. Seemed relaxed. Talked bout my hobbies and how I could work on those in the city. 2nd IVer had lots of friends from my university back home. So we ended up talking a bit about medical schools back home. So all in all conversational IV they just want to see you can speak well and hold a conversation properly. So relax and enjoy.

That's great to hear, thank you so much for sharing your experience!

+1 Zucker Forest Hills

these people gotta stop working on weekends o_O

edit:
-1 rej university of maryland
more action on this saturday than for the past month :lol:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
If I may ask, which program is this?

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Based on your experience, I guess that they will mostly rely on our applications/credentials when they rank applicants then. IV seems for just removing weird applicants?!
I would say so, yes. I think that is the case for most other programs as well.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone has interview at desert regional medical center in Palmspring? I have my interview coming up soon. Any input will be greatly appreciated? Thank you.

+1 Zucker Forest Hills

these people gotta stop working on weekends o_O

edit:
-1 rej university of maryland
more action on this saturday than for the past month :lol:
Got an invite from them eventough they don’t sponsor visa. Emailed them and the realiZed they made a mistake so they apologized and cancelled the interview.

• Sad
-1 Baylor University rejection on a Sunday

Has any interviewed at Baton Rogue General hospital? Any insight

Anybody interviewed at Danbury ? It would be great if you could share your experience. Thanks!

I’ve an interview at Pennsylvania hospital in a few weeks (really excited - I love Philly and it’s such a nice program) - does anyone know if they do a pre-match dinner? They didn’t mention anything in their messages but I plan on ranking highly and don’t want to miss it by booking the wrong flights.

hey, any travel hacks tryna get to danbury? tryna find the most optimal way to get there.
MetroNorth Danbury line from Grand central, NY. ( appr. 13$)
There is some planned work on the railroad(?) so when you arrive at south norwalk station you will have to take a bus located just outside the station. You dont have to pay for the bus (you just show then your train ticket). That happened when I traveled there.

Anybody interviewed at Danbury ? It would be great if you could share your experience. Thanks!
You will have two interviews there.
There are many interviewers so I dont know for sure how the other interviewers are, but mine were friendly, relaxed and they were very interested in my resume. Nothing tricky to worry about.

You will have two interviews there.
There are many interviewers so I dont know for sure how the other interviewers are, but mine were friendly, relaxed and they were very interested in my resume. Nothing tricky to worry about.
Thanks for your response. Appreciate it!

Anybody interviewed at SUNY downstate ? It would be wonderful if anyone could share their experience. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. Please anyone has interviewed at DMC/Sinai Grace Hospital can share IV experience. Thanks in advance