Roxxan

Non US IMG
Jun 8, 2018
Status
Medical Student
I did few days and they even asked me that will you accept the offer but i have not heard anything.
Did you liked the program.?
I did not like the program but am going to take it if they offer. Not too many other ivs. How did your case go? My did not go so good.

About the Ads
Oct 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student
So I sent an email to a few programs regarding my interest earlier in the month but didn't hear back from any of them.
If there a point in re-initiating contact right now?

Alternatively, there are some programs I didn't send an email of interest until now. Will it help if I do so now or is it already too late?

Sep 27, 2019
People who IVed at St francis Amita Chicago. Please tell about your experience.

Reactions: Larons
Sep 17, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
is there anyone here who din not recieve a rejection from UMMS baystate at the time of mass rejection and got an invite later ?

Sep 19, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Hey has anyone interviewed at BronxCare or Honorhealth Scottsdale and have any information about the interview day?
Bronxcare was my first IV , it was very laid back , Pd seems kind of tough but he asked just the regular questions like long time goals and rotations experience from your cv .

Oct 11, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Hi guys! Hope you all had a great thanksgiving.
I am looking for the best way to go from Chicago to mchenry. Any ideas?
Thanks In advance!

About the Ads
Oct 14, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Anybody has any idea about accomodation and travel to northwestern mchenry hospital? would appreciate.

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Reactions: ozil22

step1giant

2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Hi guys! Hope these coming weeks bring good news. Can anyone please share their experience at Maimonedes (IM)? Thanks!

Sep 18, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Thanks In advance!
you can take the metra train from downtown Chicago to about 10 min from the hospital. The train costs about $9

Reactions: Qrio

Match2020_IM

Mike-o-plasma
Feb 9, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Hi guys,
Anybody looking to share hotel accommodation at Hartford CT for 9th December, for an interview on 10th at UConn?

Imgcaporta

2+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Anybody already interviewed at UPMC Pinnacle? General thoughts about the program? Is the afilliation with UPMC strong? Thanks!

About the Ads
Oct 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Wow not a slow month for rejections for sure. Already 2 this morning
-1 Atlanticare regional medical center
-1 southwest Indiana university school of medicine

Sep 17, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Gunderson rejection.

Oct 11, 2019
Status
Medical Student
is it ok to contact program to ask if they offer pre match, even if they have nrmp code? or will it be counted against when ranking?

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Gundy rejecty

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
is it ok to contact program to ask if they offer pre match, even if they have nrmp code? or will it be counted against when ranking?
Ive heard of some programs being in the match even without having a NRMP code. I haven’t heard of programs being prematch who do have an NRMP code.
Most programs if not all are fully in the match I don’t know if this half-in half-out thing still exists.

Reactions: anuMD
Oct 11, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Ive heard of some programs being in the match even without having a NRMP code. I haven’t heard of programs being prematch who do have an NRMP code.
Most programs if not all are fully in the match I don’t know if this half-in half-out thing still exists.
ok. got it. thanks. probably shouldn't contact then. thanks again

Reactions: Bobbbyyyy
OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
ok. got it. thanks. probably shouldn't contact then. thanks again
yes, unless you have reason to believe they might offer prematch positions, I wouldn’t bother asking a program randomly

Reactions: anuMD

rokshana

15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
It does not...all in or all out.

Reactions: anuMD and Bobbbyyyy
About the Ads
Oct 3, 2019
Hey! Anybody already interviewed at Cook County?

Oct 14, 2019
Thanks In advance!
I live in Chicago right now. If you’re talking about Rosalind Franklin I believe you can take the Metra (commuter train) there.

May 7, 2019
Status
Non-Student
- Rej George Washington University

Sep 18, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Same rejection from George Washington. Wish they didn’t start it off with “greetings!” Lol sounded like a happy acceptance email

Oct 13, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
Hello. If I'm on the waitlist and they call me to offer me an IV, but it happens to be on the exact same day as one of the very few IV I have. Are they going to keep me on the waitlist for future open dates or I just shot myself in the foot by rejecting this waitlist offer? :(
Has anyone experienced something similar?

OnesteptogoisA

US IMG, 253, 230, CS Pass, 2011 Grad, 4 y USCE
Oct 25, 2019
Hello. If I'm on the waitlist and they call me to offer me an IV, but it happens to be on the exact same day as one of the very few IV I have. Are they going to keep me on the waitlist for future open dates or I just shot myself in the foot by rejecting this waitlist offer? :(
Has anyone experienced something similar?
I had the same problem and was offered two different dates which coincided with two other IVs. I thanked them and apologized politely and kept calling them every single week until I managed to get a different date that suited me best. Best of luck to you!
4 faculty interviews: PD, APD, direction of Education, and Research Director/Pharm D. Also 1 interview with PC. All were quite chill and conversational. Line of questioning was all standard: why this program, why IM, why should I hire you, what will you bring to this program, etc.
I really liked the faculty; they seemed pretty committed to the residents, and I could totally see myself being happy working for them. pretty good sized hospital and diverse pathology. Residents don't really hang out together outside of work, but all seem pretty nice. Apparently they had a citation a few years back for board pass rates or something like that(I heard this second hand so don't know the details) but has since been cleared after making some changes to curriculum. Food in Dearborn area is pretty solid, I had an Indian buffet the day before which was incredible. Also Detroit is COLD AF lol.

Sep 26, 2019
has anybody here interviewed at Metropolitan Hospital in NYC? or know more about the program?

OnesteptogoisA

US IMG, 253, 230, CS Pass, 2011 Grad, 4 y USCE
Oct 25, 2019
Thank you for your interest in the UMKC School of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program.

At this time, we have extended all of our interview invitations. If you have not yet received an invitation from us at this time, we regrettably inform you that we have no more invitations to offer.

We wish you the best of luck with the interview process and all your future endeavors.

Stacy Ewing
University of Missouri Kansas City
Internal Medicine Residency Coordinator

ozil22

25x, 25x, CS first attempt, yog 2016
Apr 18, 2019
Status
Attending Physician
Thank you for your interest in the UMKC School of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program.

At this time, we have extended all of our interview invitations. If you have not yet received an invitation from us at this time, we regrettably inform you that we have no more invitations to offer.

We wish you the best of luck with the interview process and all your future endeavors.

Stacy Ewing
University of Missouri Kansas City
Internal Medicine Residency Coordinator
Same

About the Ads