IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After doing some data analysis, it seems like most people who had their ECFMG status report updated on March 4th were individuals that have already graduated medical school. People who have not graduated, did not get an update on their status report. I don’t think it is anything significant.
i guess you should figure these things out before posting speculations on a public forum where people are already stressed and avoid adding unnecessary anxiety for applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

i guess you should figure these things out before posting speculations on a public forum where people are already stressed and avoid adding unnecessary anxiety for applicants.
I posted so I could figure out if there was anything significant related to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone for this thread, for making this a space to commiserate and celebrate our little victories together. I wanted to post this before Match Week so I’m not all in my feelings.
Thank you.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
WE WILL CELEBRATE TOGETHER! LET ME BE THE FIRST TO CONGRATULATE YOU! YOU DID IT! YOU WENT THROUGH THIS PROCESS IN A PANDEMIC AND STILL STANDING. MAY WE ALL RECEIVE OUR GOODNEWS COME NEXT MONDAY.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
**Rumor**

Apparently after you access the NRMP site. If you click withdraw it says congratulations if you matched. Don't know what it must say if you don't match.

I tried it and all I got was "you cannot do anything because it's past the deadline". Which makes sense.

Can someone squash this rumor please and hit the person for spreading this idiotic rumor. DO NOT TRY ANTHING.

P.S: Do not try the above method or ask anyone to do it. (edited after reading following comments and decided to provide a warning)

Last edited:
**Rumor**

Apparently after you access the NRMP site. If you click withdraw it says congratulations if you matched. Don't know what it must say if you don't match.

I tried it and all I got was "you cannot do anything because it's past the deadline". Which makes sense.

Can someone squash this rumor please and hit the person for spreading this idiotic rumor.

Wow, I commend you for your bravery!
There’s no way I’m trying this if it involves clicking on “withdraw”. Sorry I’m not that brave.

I have to admit though that the temptation is real. I have read about all sorts of crazy things happening in the past few years especially in 2014 when half the people found out the Friday before the match week about the results through a trick which was actually a glitch in the nrmp system, then nrmp corrected it, then the other half were sort of protesting that they have a right to know early too. Wow. That year must have been a crazy ride for all.

Anyway, I have no idea why I’m up at 5 am, on sdn, talking absolutely nonsense. Anxiety is through the roof now. 3 long days to go! This week has been very slow. Sigh.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, I commend you for your bravery!
There’s no way I’m trying this if it involves clicking on “withdraw”. Sorry I’m not that brave.

I have to admit though that the temptation is real. I have read about all sorts of crazy things happening in the past few years especially in 2014 when half the people found out the Friday before the match week about the results through a trick which was actually a glitch in the nrmp system, then nrmp corrected it, then the other half were sort of protesting that they have a right to know early too. Wow. That year must have been a crazy ride for all.

Anyway, I have no idea why I’m up at 5 am, on sdn, talking absolutely nonsense. Anxiety is through the roof now. 3 long days to go! This week has been very slow. Sigh.
Yeah zero way I would click withdraw on anything.

I also feel you on the anxiety. This has been the worst anxiety of my life.

Reactions: 1 users
**Rumor**

Can someone squash this rumor please and hit the person for spreading this idiotic rumor.
And what would you have done if it said you have been successfully withdrawn from the Match?
Remember, curiosity killed the cat...

Reactions: 5 users
They could have released the result on late Friday but they want us to suffer for one more weekend. My resting heart rate is now almost 100. The anxiety is too much.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
1.5 days left!!!

Daylight saving changes starting from tomorrow. Actually in literally 4 hours (Sunday morning 2 am). The clock will be moving forward meaning 1 hr less of suffering for us, yay!!!

For the first time in my life I’m happy about losing an hour of sleep

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
All the best you guys!! You have worked so so hard to get here and it’s time to earn the reward for it. Wish all of you match into your desired program. But also remember that this doesn’t define your life. If for any reason the outcome is not as expected - don’t lose hope. Perseverance is the key, which all of us as IMGs have in plenty, and will serve a long way not just for residency but for your entire professional career.

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck tomorrow guys.

I have a close friend who is applying for the match tomorrow as an IMG and it's eye opening what you guys have to go through.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
They could have released the result on late Friday but they want us to suffer for one more weekend. My resting heart rate is now almost 100. The anxiety is too much.
Sure, but then anyone who didn't match would suffer through the weekend without being able to do anything about it.

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck guys less than 4 hours to go. We did it.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
All the best my friends! May we all make it across the line in 10 mins!!

Matched with 1 IV

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I matched with 3 IVs. Its a huge blessing. Just wanted to thank each and every one of you on this thread. Y'all are amazing.

Reactions: 11 users
I matched! It’s a miracle for me. Can’t thank God enough for this.

Reactions: 11 users
what is the display of internal medicine match vs prelim+advanced program match in the match email?

Congrats to everyone who matched!
1 question - Has anyone here matched with more or less similar credentials - yog 2018, 1st step - 232, 2nd step-247, ECFMG certified(without CS), 3 US lors from observership, NO USCE,3 pubs.
Emphasis on NO USCE :D
Thanks in advance and good luck