IMG matched RAD - 1 year off until start. What to do?? suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMG RAD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently an IMG gen surg prelim resident. I matched with Radiology starting on July 2015. What to do until then? I'm open for suggestions! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently an IMG gen surg prelim resident. I matched with Radiology starting on July 2015. What to do until then? I'm open for suggestions! Thanks
Buy a shirt.

Reactions: 1 users
Survive a typhoon on a life boat with dangerous animals.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't know 'til starting R1 that most fellowship applications go out at the end of R2 (except for the ones with a match system like neuro and IR). If you know what type of fellowship you are interested in, and you live near your upcoming radiology residency, you could start getting involved in research to get some stuff out sooner rather than later.

Hi IMG RAD,

A bit off topic here but could you please share some info about how you managed to match in radiology, maybe scores, USCE etc.
I am an IMG as well and radiology is the goal so any info is highly appreciated.

Best Regards!

Reactions: 1 user
also which medical school did you attend and where is it located? thanks.

Reactions: 1 user