IMG options pre-residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samhonxr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
IMG, with step 1,2,CSA and hopefully step 3(I will know at the beginning of June). I know there is still a chance to find spots before July. I have pubblications but it's too much time since my graduation (they said). One of the reason I didn't match is not enough experience in clinical settings. If I have to wait another year is there any suggestion to improve my CV? Can I do rotations, volunteering in a hospital, gaining some clinical experience to help me get into a program?

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like for this year it will be very tight. I'd focus on the clinical experience part: try to get an observership.

good luck !
lf

samhonxr said:
IMG, with step 1,2,CSA and hopefully step 3(I will know at the beginning of June). I know there is still a chance to find spots before July. I have pubblications but it's too much time since my graduation (they said). One of the reason I didn't match is not enough experience in clinical settings. If I have to wait another year is there any suggestion to improve my CV? Can I do rotations, volunteering in a hospital, gaining some clinical experience to help me get into a program?

Try to get observerships or externships. Perform well on those and get good LoRs.