IMG & US Clinical Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

septoplasty

Exceptional
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Im a M3 heading into M4 in India. I was wondering what the impact of having U.S. clinical experience was on a residency application. If I had the option of doing M3 Cores and M4 Electives in the U.S. with a Caribbean university, would it be worth doing them? or should I finish my M4 & Internship here in India, and then write boards? Septoplasty.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, Im a M3 heading into M4 in India. I was wondering what the impact of having U.S. clinical experience was on a residency application. If I had the option of doing M3 Cores and M4 Electives in the U.S. with a Caribbean university, would it be worth doing them? or should I finish my M4 & Internship here in India, and then write boards? Septoplasty.

I think you need to do some rotations in the U.S. in order to get letters of recommendation from U.S. physicians that are well known in their fields. I don't see why you would do this in association with a caribbean school, as most american medical schools allow you to apply directly to their rotations (and you would have better rotations than what carib schools can offer).

I think you need to do some rotations in the U.S. in order to get letters of recommendation from U.S. physicians that are well known in their fields. I don't see why you would do this in association with a caribbean school, as most american medical schools allow you to apply directly to their rotations (and you would have better rotations than what carib schools can offer).
Rotations with american schools? this is the first time i've heard of such a thing... Where do I find more information?

Thanks!