Immediate help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ask0780

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those who get good score on pcat, I need you to help me out please, I took pcat the third times but I got the lowest score ( below 30 composite) my GPA not bad ( 3.65) and over all science 3.7 but I didnot know ,why pcat so bad for me, any one can guide me please , what material you guys are study and for how long ? my problem is verbal and read , which material is the most effective for reading , verbal, chem, math and bio. Please help me out because i want to take oct.exam again.

Members don't see this ad.

It would help if you could tell us how you have studied for this in the past. What materials did you use? How much were you studying? Can you list the subsections?

and also, can you list any pre-reqs you have taken so far? if you haven't taken that many, that would explain why your PCAT is so low.

Well, it looks like English isn't your first language. I can understand how you would do poorly on the verbal/reading sections. They can be tricky even for native speakers, so I'm not sure what to tell you there, other than to practice your grammar and vocabulary. Also, if you do well enough on the other sections, then that can greatly increase your composite score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who get good score on pcat, I need you to help me out please, I took pcat the third times but I got the lowest score ( below 30 composite) my GPA not bad ( 3.65) and over all science 3.7 but I didnot know ,why pcat so bad for me, any one can guide me please , what material you guys are study and for how long ? my problem is verbal and read , which material is the most effective for reading , verbal, chem, math and bio. Please help me out because i want to take oct.exam again.

It seems like your english is not very good. I recommend to find a friend who can help you out and have them talk to english you back and forth...have them be honest and correct you.

Thank you guys for your respose. my problem not finishing the pcat exam especially reading ?:confused:

Thank you guys for your respose. my problem not finishing the pcat exam especially reading ?:confused:

Have you taken any of the require english class yet? If not, then you should start soon. Also, if there is a writing center in your school, be sure to use it often and look for help.

you guys are suggest me take english class. i took 12 hours english and all pre-requist science and math. what material you suggest me, especially reading and verbal, i cannot find those words in pcat, it is very weired words and i cannot even understand those words except by guess.
i do good in chem , bio , math but the lost and the lost is reading and verbal( score reading 11:thumbdown:, and verbal 12 :thumbdown:,chem75, math 80, bio 60, eassy 3/3 ) what can i do, to score even better. my wanna to buy dr.collins self study (too expensive) what you guys think ? it worth me or not.:confused: help help please !!!

I don't normally recommend memorizing words but in your case, it might help you. I would work with SAT word lists though. You need to build your vocabulary base and starting with easier words may help.

For reading comprehension, how are you doing the questions? Are you reading the whole passage and then going to the questions or are you reading the questions first and then trying to answer them? You might have better luck going to the questions first and finding the answers in the passage before you go onto the next one if you aren't doing that already.

Have you considered applying to non-PCAT schools? Your GPA is good but it sounds like your English skills are really going to drag down your PCAT scores. This will be your fourth time taking it and verbal and reading are probably the two hardest sections to improve, even for native speakers. You may need to consider a back-up plan.

you guys are suggest me take english class. i took 12 hours english and all pre-requist science and math. what material you suggest me, especially reading and verbal, i cannot find those words in pcat, it is very weired words and i cannot even understand those words except by guess.
i do good in chem , bio , math but the lost and the lost is reading and verbal( score reading 11:thumbdown:, and verbal 12 :thumbdown:,chem75, math 80, bio 60, eassy 3/3 ) what can i do, to score even better. my wanna to buy dr.collins self study (too expensive) what you guys think ? it worth me or not.:confused: help help please !!!

how did you get a 3/3 on the essay if you write like this? none of your sentences make any sense.

how did you get a 3/3 on the essay if you write like this? none of your sentences make any sense.

I know, right? I got a 2.5/2.5, and I consider my self a grammar nazi. I don't care too much because I am happy with the composite, but it's still strange, considering my verbal score was 97. Apparently they take it easy on the ESL people.

THE BEST WAY IS TO READ THE "NEWSPAPER".... read it and the words you don't understand, make sure to write them down and learn their meanings.

THE BEST WAY IS TO READ THE "NEWSPAPER".... read it and the words you don't understand, make sure to write them down and learn their meanings.
Good advice. On The New York Times website articles you can double click the words you don't understand. When you do that a page pops up with the definition.

I know, right? I got a 2.5/2.5, and I consider my self a grammar nazi. I don't care too much because I am happy with the composite, but it's still strange, considering my verbal score was 97. Apparently they take it easy on the ESL people.

I find this response is very selfish and show up.

advice: Learn English. I give you credit for learning another language. I know it's tough, but learning the language is obviously the best thing you can do. Read a lot, talk with people, and tell one of your friends to correct you whenever you make a mistake. Good luck.

This drives me crazy. I got a 3/2.5 and I have BA in English. I got a 99 composite but I got a 3/2.5 on the written portion. WTF? I can barely understand what the OP is saying, and I got the same score on conventions of language? Really?