• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Immigration question

bubbleboy

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2005
    Hi guys, This has likely been asked before... Has any one been successful in getting Permanent Residency - migrating to Australia while in medical school? (I am a Canadian btw).

I have checked the immigration website and I presently don't have enough points since I dont have work experience in my field which is Biology (Natural sciences). I so far have about 100 points which is short of the 120.

I have been told by an Australian person that they are actively recruiting immigrants and that they will award me points for being a physician while I am studying medicine. - It sounds unrealistic but I thought I would ask.

Has anyone been successful in getting immigration to australia. I really would like to settle down and I think I could enjoy living down there.

JoeNamaMD

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 31, 2004
      You only get points for being a physician after you completed your residency training. Simply having a medical degree will not qualify you. Of the health fields, its hardest for medical students to stay while pharmacy and nursing students have fewer difficulties. You are also subject to a ten year moratorium that forbids you from practicing in larger cities.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.