Immigration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimmyHo286

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm going into my 4th year to finish a bachelors degree in Canada. I'm interested in going to Medical School in Australia and actually want to live/practice there after completion. But I hear landing a specialty residence spots is quite difficult if your out of country and require you to have a Permanent Residence status. With that being said, I have a close family member (my uncle) who is willing to sponsor me and get my PR (Permanent Resident) status. My question is how long will it take if to get my PR if I start the paper work immediately and if I want to apply to Medical School next year, will I have to apply as an International Student?

My hope is that if I attend medical school, I can get the PR status before I apply for my internship/residency, so I won't be discouraged for being a International Student.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys, I'm going into my 4th year to finish a bachelors degree in Canada. I'm interested in going to Medical School in Australia and actually want to live/practice there after completion. But I hear landing a specialty residence spots is quite difficult if your out of country and require you to have a Permanent Residence status. With that being said, I have a close family member (my uncle) who is willing to sponsor me and get my PR (Permanent Resident) status. My question is how long will it take if to get my PR if I start the paper work immediately and if I want to apply to Medical School next year, will I have to apply as an International Student?

My hope is that if I attend medical school, I can get the PR status before I apply for my internship/residency, so I won't be discouraged for being a International Student.

PM Sent