Apr 17, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
is using EK + TPR sufficient for Immunology? I never took an Immuno course school.. And I felt that what EK and TPR has for this section is very brief.

Let me know

Thanks

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
New York
Status
Medical Student
Other than what an antibody looks like or just the basic premise of the immune system, you won't need to know anything crazy like the MHC complex and antigen presentation. Its all intro bio.

tutankh

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2004
Status
What part about the fact that MCAT only tests BASIC science concepts people do not understand?

sv3

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2009
Status
What part about the fact that MCAT only tests BASIC science concepts people do not understand?
OP was right to double check...nothing wrong with that. I have both sources and at first glance 3 pages doesn't look like much.

thebillsfan

Unseasoned Veteran
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
i disagree. i see way more passages on immunology than i wouldve believed possible. while you dont need to know mhc, know all the types of leukocytes and how they interact with each other. just knowing "what an antibody is" is not a good plan.

wanderer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i disagree. i see way more passages on immunology than i wouldve believed possible. while you dont need to know mhc, know all the types of leukocytes and how they interact with each other. just knowing "what an antibody is" is not a good plan.
:thumbup:
If you get an immunology passage on the real thing, and you just know the very basics, you're going to wish you actually studied immunology a bit better.
If you go through the immunology chapter in Campbell and Reece and understand the general picture you're good to go, although the detail included is a bit more than you need to know for the MCAT.