Immunology or histology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

Next semester (senior spring) I can either take immunology or histology w/ lab. I’m taking it mainly to get a primer for dental school next fall (knock on wood). Which of these tend to be the more rigorous course in d school so that I know which to take now. I’d like to be at least familiar with it when I start it for real.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you can take Histology, take Histology. Not all undergraduates are lucky enough to have their schools even offer it in their curriculum. I took Histo in undergrad the semester before dental school (currently sitting in my DS Histo class rn, lol) and I definetly feel more comfortable taking it here in DS simply because I took it in undergrad. That is NOT to say that I know everything already or that I don’t have to put in any effort. But things are familiar and am sort of used to the way of thinking. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
If you can take Histology, take Histology. Not all undergraduates are lucky enough to have their schools even offer it in their curriculum. I took Histo in undergrad the semester before dental school (currently sitting in my DS Histo class rn, lol) and I definetly feel more comfortable taking it here in DS simply because I took it in undergrad. That is NOT to say that I know everything already or that I don’t have to put in any effort. But things are familiar and am sort of used to the way of thinking. Hope this helps!
Awesome I'll go ahead and do that then! Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend took histo. in undergrad. Although he suffered through it, he didn't regret it one bit when he started dental school.

my friends in dental school recommend taking Histology too. Sadly, my school didn't offer it.

Ya'll really just killed my spring semester LOL. I was thinking of chilling for my last semester of undergrad now I'm considering taking one of those classes

Ya'll really just killed my spring semester LOL. I was thinking of chilling for my last semester of undergrad now I'm considering taking one of those classes
I would still chill. However, if you had to take one of those two classes, take histo. Definitely enjoy your senior year while you still can.

I would still chill. However, if you had to take one of those two classes, take histo. Definitely enjoy your senior year while you still can.
Did Penn require you just pass all of your classes after accepted, or what?

According to the dental students I have talked to during my interviews, taking histo in ug is a huge advantage for dental school. I can understand why; this is a subject quite different from the rest of the bio classes, based on observation of specific details on tissues, and seeing it for the first time can be challenging.

Did Penn require you just pass all of your classes after accepted, or what?
I think they said to try to maintain the grades that I had, but I definitely know people that got C’s and they were fine. The problem with schools just telling students to pass their classes is that some people will aim for just C’s, and if you aim for C’s, there’s a chance you’ll get D’s and not pass the class.