Imperial vs. Kings vs. LSHTM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Choreoathetoid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to look for a good thread on this topic but came up short. I was just recently accepted into Imperial College's MPH, which I was super excited about!

From what I understand, Imperial and Kings are about comparable in MPH quality, with LSHTM being a cut above them both.

I'm an MD with a lag year before residency, so honestly I just want an excuse to live and study in London for a year :) So whether I get into LSHTM or not doesn't really concern me. I really, really was hoping someone had some insight into doing the MPH at Imperial College, what the system is like, difficulty of classes, their overall experience with the British system, living in London, quality of professors and the curriculum, etc.

Thank you so much for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

I did my undergrad and PhD at Imperial and really enjoyed it. London is a great place to live.

I can't really comment on Imperial's MPH program, as I'm not familiar with it, but I can answer any questions you may have about Imperial, living in London, etc.

As for Imperial vs King's/LSHTM, they're all well respected universities in the UK and abroad, but for sure Imperial has the better overall brand name and great rankings in the UK (2nd-3rd) and the world (5th)! Its name on your CV helps! Lots of people don't know King's and only public health people know LSHTM.