importance and practice for ccs

acetastic

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2005
    hey guys do you know how the ccs grade is incorporated into the rest of the grade, it only takes up a fraction of the two days we participate in. i can't seem to find any mention of its relative contribution or exactly how its assessed and rolled into everything else.

how much prep did you dedicate to it? just doing the online orientations vs usmleworld, etc.
    i'm a tad confused about it--its the only new element to step exams compared to steps 1 and 2, so its left me a little anxious.

thanks a million,

mickey1t

10+ Year Member
    Jan 15, 2007
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      i just want to preface this by saying that i may be completely wrong, but it is my understanding that the CCS is 25% of STEP 3 overall grade. I believe I read that somewhere either on the USMLE or USMLE WORLD website. figure it is temporally about 25% of the 2 days, so it makes sense that it is 25% of the overall score....if anyone knows for sure, let us know

im actually taking it tomm/tues and have done the USMLE practice CCS as well as about half the USMLEWORLD CCS

good luck

Proverbs31

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jan 11, 2008
      Northern bound
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        i just want to preface this by saying that i may be completely wrong, but it is my understanding that the CCS is 25% of STEP 3 overall grade. I believe I read that somewhere either on the USMLE or USMLE WORLD website. figure it is temporally about 25% of the 2 days, so it makes sense that it is 25% of the overall score....if anyone knows for sure, let us know

im actually taking it tomm/tues and have done the USMLE practice CCS as well as about half the USMLEWORLD CCS

good luck

GOOD LUCK!!!

If you have time can you share how you prepped for it? Any advice? Anyways Good luck tomorrow!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.