Importance of doing question up to the exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Currantjelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, very helpful forum here with some great information and hours of searching/reading.

Anyways, I've yet to find a study schedule that I like so I am custom making my own. This schedule dictates that I complete USMLEWorld twice (I am a big believer in repetition).

However, the way I have the schedule set up I finish the questions for the final time with 9 days remaining until the exam. I have pretty much reserved those final 9 days for cramming, namely cramming First Aid. Do you all think it would be advantageous to reduce the number of questions I do earlier on so that I am doing UWorld questions up to, say 3 days out? I'm worried that I will get out of the habit of questions or may forget key material presented in the questions if I finish too early. Conversely, if I do questions later I'm worried it will impinge on my cramming time. What do you think?

Secondly, I'd like some input on which order I should use my resources in. Here's what I have: First Aid 08, RR path, HY behavioral, HY biochem, HY cell + mol. bio 99, BRS phys, CMMRS, BRS pharm cards. First Aid states to do the more crammable material last (physio, behavioral). The first week I have scheduled out to read through First Aid. That then gives me 3 weeks to get thru the above books and leave me 2 weeks to review. I'm thinking I should start out with RR path, then CMMRS, then the HY books followed by BRS physio. Sound good?

Thank you for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Id probably try to save micro, biochem, pharm as the last subjects

I'm tempted to do that, but I'm highly suspicious of my ability to cram that much info. Besides I think my understanding of general concepts, physio, and path is much better than my factual knowledge.