Importance of PAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is the PAT really? I just can't seem to get a concrete answer on this...I hope its taken into account b/c it was my highest section...*freakin out*:eek: :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

well good luck getting a concrete answer by asking on this discussion forum.

I'd say it depends on the school.

UOP looks highly on a high PAT, but you still have to match up on all the academics.

Beyond that, the PAT just needs to be average or higher. Only concern is when it dips to 16 and below.

Yeah good luck on that concrete thing. Everyone here bashes everything anyone else says.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah good luck on that concrete thing. Everyone here bashes everything anyone else says.

i TOTALLY DISAGREE!?!:sleep: :idea: :thumbdown: no one here bashes anyone ever!!:D

bashing aside my suggestion for a concrete answer is investigate your school of choice...look at their website email someone dont ask the sdn people

How high of a score on the PAT does UPENN want?

there isn't an official cut off for UPENN PAT scores...but the 50th percentile last year was 17...try to be between 16-18 or higher.

Like they said, depends on the schools, but here's my experience...
I got the same score on AA, TS, and PAT. At the one interview I've had so far, the interviewer kept bringing up my PAT score, how it was really good and how being able to do well would help me in clinical. He never mentioned anything about the other sections.

So if that is your best section and you did really well, I'm sure it will help you out. Maybe not make up for low AA/TS score, but maybe it's like icing on the cake...

I know that MUSC (South Carolina) looks at AA and PAT and come up w/ a score based on those 2 numbers. All schools are different, gotta check out the schools

tricky, what do they do with these 2 numbers at South Carolina? have you heard from them?

Like they said, depends on the schools, but here's my experience...
I got the same score on AA, TS, and PAT. At the one interview I've had so far, the interviewer kept bringing up my PAT score, how it was really good and how being able to do well would help me in clinical. He never mentioned anything about the other sections.

So if that is your best section and you did really well, I'm sure it will help you out. Maybe not make up for low AA/TS score, but maybe it's like icing on the cake...

Well i got a 22 on the PAT..not too bad...but my AA is 18 and TS is 19...i know not the best scores in the world, but they aren't terrible either. In fact, my 18 put me in the 87th percentile the day i took it..so i thought i was in good shape...but seeing all these 20+ floatin around...i'm kind of in a panic. Oh, and my cGPA is like 3.46 and BCP is like 3.37..something or other..so i'm still trying to figure out where i stand :luck: :luck: good luck everyone!

a classmate of mine at penn got a 14 on her PAT. im pretty sure the rest of her scores were 17-20, so im guessing penn doesnt look too strongly at the PAT.