Importance of PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FightingIllini1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I retook my DAT and ended up with a 20AA, 20TS, and a 25 PAT. From what I have read, AA and TS seem to hold more importance which makes sense. Just wondering, how important is PAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I retook my DAT and ended up with a 20AA, 20TS, and a 25 PAT. From what I have read, AA and TS seem to hold more importance which makes sense. Just wondering, how important is PAT?

The better you do, the more it works against you. A good PAT score has been negatively correlated with board passing rates because guys with high PAT are usually womanizers and don't study as much (I got a 26)

Jk.

a 25PAT is probably as good as a 20PAT. Many schools view it as a threshold score. It even says it on wikipedia. I think some of the cali schools weigh it more heavily. I called NYU and asked and the lady said " we don't care about the PAT".

The better you do, the more it works against you. A good PAT score has been negatively correlated with board passing rates because guys with high PAT are usually womanizers and don't study as much (I got a 26)

Jk.

a 25PAT is probably as good as a 20PAT. Many schools view it as a threshold score. It even says it on wikipedia. I think some of the cali schools weigh it more heavily. I called NYU and asked and the lady said " we don't care about the PAT".

Haha. Thanks, interesting to hear what NYU said.

Members don't see this ad :)
It really depends on the school on how much weight the PAT carries. For example when a friend interviewed at NOVA a couple years back he said that they told him he got an interview because of his personal statement and PAT score.

Jk.

I am really concerned about the PAT section as well, and how much weight it holds in the overall application process. A 25/26 is AMAZING!
So I just took the DAT yesterday and got:
19 AA/19 TS/ 16 PAT :eek:
I know the 16 in PAT is HORRIBLE so does that mean I should retake the exam?
The dilemma I face is the whole 90 day policy and application deadlines. Now that I have my score I am planning on submitting my application this week. IF it is reccomended that I re-take the exam, I wont be able to until November 8 so by the time schools receive my updated score it is pretty much too late, no?
Please let me know what you suggest. My Overall GPA is 3.417 and my science GPA is around that as well I believe.