Importance of PM&R Club as an E.C.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStudent21_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to ask if it was beneficial to pursue the position as "President" as the PM&R Club on my campus during my 2nd year. Do you think that my time is more well-spent towards solely volunteering at races, etc, etc, rather than pursuing this leadership position? I ask this, only because ideally, I would love to do both during my 2nd year; however, I know that I can only juggle so many things at the same time without it impacting my test scores. With this, I just want to choose wisely!

Thank you so much for the feedback, in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think that this one is a deal breaker. Id honestly invest my time in a more meaningful EC such as volunteerism or research.

Reactions: 1 user
Anything that shows you are involved is great. President vs. not will not make a big (if any) impact unless being president gets you a lot of face-to-face time at your home institution program which you otherwise couldn't get.

Anything that shows you are involved is great. President vs. not will not make a big (if any) impact unless being president gets you a lot of face-to-face time at your home institution program which you otherwise couldn't get.

Agreed. Some times we see people who haven't demonstrated any interest in PMR (they did a research project in GI and was president of running club) so if you're really lacking you could consider it. But in general CV items that you aren't passionate about often shine through as superficial. I would do what your excited about since this won't make or break your CV.