Importance of Senior Grades after Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samsoonee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

It is 2nd semester, senior year, and I am graduating in a week.

It is true that I had an easy-going last semester, and I was wondering what general guidelines there are for a school to rescind their offer after acceptance.

All I heard was that you "needed to pass," but what does that mean?

Members don't see this ad.

dude, its one more week of working hard, just suck it up and do as well as you can, dont take any chances and you'll be fine

Hello folks,

It is 2nd semester, senior year, and I am graduating in a week.

It is true that I had an easy-going last semester, and I was wondering what general guidelines there are for a school to rescind their offer after acceptance.

All I heard was that you "needed to pass," but what does that mean?

i think that to be totally safe you should try to achieve grades comensurate with the GPA you had when you applied to the school, as that is the student they accepted. i would assume though that most schools would be alright with a slight drop-off, but i sure wouldn't want to risk anything lower than a C in any classes after all the effort it took to get accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
some schools dont care, some want C's, some want you to maintain similar gpa.
I saw you are going to Temple. I never even sent in my final transcript of my senior year until about a week AFTER school started.

They wont hound you. welcome to the club by the way!

phew, thanks for the input guys!:D

We had to get B's

so if you say in your application that you are expecting to receive your bachelors before you enroll...do they reject you if for some reason you do not get bachelors?

prolly, theres a long list of people that they can choose to take your spot and it looks better on their admissions statistics

so if you say in your application that you are expecting to receive your bachelors before you enroll...do they reject you if for some reason you do not get bachelors?

You would have to have a pretty good reason to not get your bachelors after saying you were going to. it depends on why you didnt get it, but they could take away your offer.

You would have to have a pretty good reason to not get your bachelors after saying you were going to. it depends on why you didnt get it, but they could take away your offer.
ok thanks! well i am just worried that i might get a D in those upper level crazy classes like biochem & molec bio...& i wont have time to repeat those courses....but i think D counts as passing for bachelors right?

ok thanks! well i am just worried that i might get a D in those upper level crazy classes like biochem & molec bio...& i wont have time to repeat those courses....but i think D counts as passing for bachelors right?

It depends on your school, and if it is a part of your major or not.
I know at UCSB you had to get at least a C to pass, and you couldn't get below a C in any of the classes you took for your major. Otherwise the class wouldnt count and you would have to retake it