1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Importance of September rotation grade

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by byurazorhog, Sep 5, 2014.

1. byurazorhog

5+ Year Member

Applying to combined residency. Already done with one of my sub-Is and expect honors from that. I'm currently on my 2nd sub-I and am not finding the motivation to really work hard and impress people. Mind you, I'm not slacking off or anything but I was just wondering if it's worth putting in 100% of my effort into a sept rotation. Grades obviously won't be available until at least mid october. Transcript will have been submitted by then with ERAS.

Does anybody know if residencies ask for grades after your residency application has been submitted?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Raryn

Raryn Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No one will ever see the grade. That said, probably not a good idea to burn bridges at your home program.

4. link2swim06

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Are you getting a LOR from people during this rotation?

Quite frankly you have no excuse to be lazy during your sub Is....the rest of 4th year is a joke and requires 'alert and orientated X 3" and not much more.

5. Smurfette

Smurfette Antagonized by Azrael
    Administrator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    People may never see the grade, but if you are working with people who are in your chosen field, they could still influence your application if they happen to know a PD or faculty member at a place you are applying. All it takes is that PD running into them at a conference, or sending them an email to ask if they know you....it's a small world out there.

Moving to ERAS forum.